Cubase 6.0.5 freezing during launch

I have both C5.5 and 6 installed and had no problems up until a day ago. Cubase 5.5 launches every time no problem. Cubase 6 freezes during launch at the ‘Initializing: Content’ part which I believe is close to the very end of the launch before the user is presented with an empty or default project. I waited 20 min and it still didn’t finish initializing. I have to go into task manager to kill the stuck launch sequence. Not sure what to do at this point. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and Happy New Year. :slight_smile:

39 views and no one has seen this error. Well, goodbye Cubase, hello Studio One Pro 2.

Hello GeeEm,

Remove/Rename the preferences of C5.5 and C6 and then try starting again:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=Preferences

Please keep in mind that this is only a user forum. To get help from the official tech support you have to fill the support request form inside your MySteinberg account. :slight_smile:

Hi crohde, thanks a lot for this link. I’ll give it a shot. Very much appreciated. Have a great New Year. :slight_smile: