Cubase 6.5 Error When Exiting the Program

Hi, this here is not a big deal because the error only occurs when I shut down Cubase 6.5 and not any other time.

It is, however, quite annoying and if there is a way to fix it, Id like to get on it. I have a hunch that it may be due to the recent upgrade from Cubase 6 to Cubase 6.5, because right around the time that I ugraded, it been giving me this error message: “Cubase 6 has stopped working” every time I close down the program.

This is just a guess at what it may be… the only other thing I can think of is perhaps that upgrading from Automap 3 to Automap 4 would be the cause of this error.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

THanks
Kevin

If memory serves (from reading the forum) automap has sometimes caused this error.

Upgrading to Automap 4 would be a good place to start.

OK thanks, Ill see what I can find online and confirm whether its Automap that is causing the problem.

Just an update here. Ive managed to overcome this error. What I had to do was go into Automap’s Setup screen, and disable all vst and vst3 Cubase plugins. I originally disabled the vst plugins because it was causing plugin gui problems in Cubase, and later disabled the vst3 plugins, and I now no longer get the error message when shutting Cubase down.

This doesnt ‘fix’ anything as far as programming goes, but it does save me the grief of having an error message every time I close down Cubase (super annoying)