Cubase 6.5 locators problem

Hi people

I have been using Cubase 6.5 since it came out, and before that I was using Cubase 6. Recently Cubase stopped doing something that it always did before and I don’t know what caused this to change. It’s really really basic, but somehow I cannot for the life of me get this to work as it did before.

Here’s the problem: when I drag the locators to the left or right, Cubase no longer shows a vertical line which “previews” where the marker will be placed once I let go of the mouse button. This is really annoying me, especially since it’s something so futile.

I hope to get some replies from you guys as this is driving me nuts!

Look for the pref to use crosshairs. (Not at my computer right now, hope that’s right.)

I don’t think, this is about Cross Hair Cursor settings (which is in Preferences > Editing > Tools). You can set this cursor only, not locators.

But to be honest, I don’t know, where to find, what you are looking for.

I can’t remember, Cubase shows the line during this process ever.

No, the crosshair does not do this.

I think Martin is right…

when I drag the locators to the left or right, Cubase no longer shows a vertical line which “previews” where the marker will be placed once I let go of the mouse button.

You are talking about two seperate things here. When you set locators, there is no marker placed anywhere. That is a seperate function altogether. As Martin, I too, don’t ever remember seeing a vertical line appearing when either, a) you set locators, or b) when a marker is placed/moved.

Cheers.

Aloha guys and +1
I use the locators A LOT and I’ve never seen a ‘line’ while setting them.

Might be nice tho’.
{‘-’}

I’ll betcha he is talking about markers and not locators, and that he needs to set that pref.

He was using the pencil tool to create markers. :mrgreen:

Oh, look who is Mr. Smarty Pants now! :laughing:

Not just my pants! :sunglasses:

:open_mouth:

Wait. he was dragging markers. :confused:

Sorry, wrong choice of words!

I was definitely talking about locators, this question has nothing to do with markers!

You see a vertical line while setting locators?

Well, I also haven’t seen that, just the shaded area, which is configurable.