Cubase 6.5 Update

Hi,

I downloaded the link for the 6.5 update and then tried to remove Cubase 6, but met with no success. I just get a error message “a network string occurred while attempting to read from the file installer/cubase6.msi” If I click OK on that, it is followed by a fatal error message and I am unable to remove the software. Could somebody please advise me on what to do next?

Thanks,

Please try reinstalling Cubase 6, then install the 6.5 Update. Does it help?

Best regards,
Helge

Thanks, but don’t I need to uninstall it first?

No, as you described you can’t. That usually happens due to MSI entries being corrupted and might be solvable by reinstalling (entries are recreated).

If the 6.5 Update then fails, you can try again to uninstall C6.

Best regards,
Helge

Thanks Helge,

Problem solved! I just ran the repair option rather than uninstall, reinstalled the update and now everything works perfectly.

I’m having a similar problem trying to upgrade my 32-bit version of cubase 6 (currently at 6.0.7) to 6.5 on windows 7 x64.

When I try to run the upgrade, it progresses through the install, then gives an error message that reads:

Cubase 6 setup failed.
Fatal error during installation.
Error Code: 1603

I’ve tried uninstalling v6, but that also fails. I get the error:

A network String occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\Cubase6.msi

I’ve tried doing the repair option in windows. I’ve tried reinstalling from the cubase 6 DVD. Nothing seems to be working.

Any idea of what else I could try?

This is very frustrating…

Why no answer on this question from 2012?
I have the same problem like above;

Quote;
"I’ve tried uninstalling v6, but that also fails. I get the error:

A network String occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\Cubase6.msi

I’ve tried doing the repair option in windows. I’ve tried reinstalling from the cubase 6 DVD. Nothing seems to be working.

Any idea of what else I could try?

This is very frustrating…“”

How can I uninstall Cubase 6 from my laptop, I sold the license plus elicenser so want to ged rid of it.

Thanks in advance