Cubase 6.5 Vari Audio

Hey Guys

When editing using Vari Audio to change or rearrange melodies I’ve seen a few videos where people will be able to hear the separate notes when the click on them or move them up and down. This makes editing heaps easier because you can hear the snipit of audio and move it till your hear the correct pitch your after. Problem is when i try my audio is silent when i click on a segment i hear nothing. when i move the segment up and down i dont hear the note changing as i move it. So i have to toggle play and listen to the changes.

Is there a setting I’m missing that allows me to hear the segments when i click on them as I’ve seen in other peoples videos ?
any help would be appreciated immensely :slight_smile:

In the sample editor toolbar, 3rd from the left is a speaker icon. Click that on. Cheers :wink:

Yes there is. When you have the vocal track open for editing vari audio look at the top options bar. The 3rd one from left to right looks like a speaker. Click on it to activate the acoustic pitch feedback…

Thank you thank you thank you !!! :slight_smile::):slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

That’ll be another satisfied customer, then… :sunglasses:

Hello there!

I have Cubase Artist 6 and I can’t find Vari Audio. Is it possible that only Cubase 6 has Vari Audio?
Not Artist?

Exactly!

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/cubase6_specs_downloads/cubase6_feature_comparison.html