Cubase 6 Apple MAC // keyboard shortcuts // windows

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have recently upgraded to Cubase 6 and a macbook pro. I am getting on quite well despite the differences between MAC & PC version. I find the window organisation on the MAC quite aggravating, when you click on the sequencer window it does not move the other windows such as VST’s and effects to the back, you have to close them manually… Alot more annoying is if you minimise the main sequencer window, you then have to click window + restore all to get it back. You cannot just click the cubase icon again as this only brings up the transport window / effects etc… Still, not the end of the world ey…

** More importantly for me does anyone know the keyboard shortcut for the drag and paste function, on a PC I think you hold CTRL down whilst dragging an audio file and it copies it, this is most useful but I cannot find what it is on a MAC or what the keyboard shortcut is called so that I can assign the keys to it…?

thanks in advance.

Tris

On Mac The ctrl key is replaced by the cmd key :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know but holding ctrl and dragging audio does nothing for me. I simply cant drag and copy audio, I can’t find the key for this anywhere :frowning:. It makes things alot quicker

Alt + drag copies the part. Have a look under file → preferences → editing → tool modifiers for a complete description of all modifier keys.

I find the window organisation on the MAC quite aggravating, when you click on the sequencer window it does not move the other windows such as VST’s and effects to the back, you have to close them manually…

Looks like your plug-in windows are set to “always on top”. You can deactivate this under file → preferences → VST → plug-ins → uncheck “plug-in editors always on top”.
Alternatively right click on the plug-in window itself and uncheck “always on top”.

you can also use expose to find windows underneath windows

Use the “option” key.

thanks so much for your help guys, cant believe how simple the solutions were! im sure i’d tried the ALT key for drag and copy!..its exactly what i wanted thanks

I am getting along better with MAC cubase these days but I have to say aggravatingly 80% of the plugins I find(mostly freeware effects/vst) are only PC compatible :frowning: