Cubase 6 + PLAY Automation Question ?

Hi all!

I want to do a simple automation of the attack setting on patch 2, which is assign to MIDI channel 2, on one of my PLAY instances. The problem is that I’m only able to change the parameters of the first patch but none of the parameters of the rest of the patches that are loaded in this instance. Am I missing something or is this a known issue with PLAY/Cubase?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I’ve posted the same question over at the SoundOnline forums.

Anyone?

I don’t know exactly how VST works but when the plug-in initializes and “registers” with Cubase, it reports to Cubase what parameters are available for automation. It is possible that PLAY doesn’t register all of it’s parameters. What I have done when I can’t find a VST parameter in Cubase (like if the names don’t make sense for what they are called in the VST, or if you have a couple different “volumes” or “levels” and not sure which one is which) I just hit write enable, play, and move the control on the VST. Then stop, go to the track in Cubase and “show all used automation”. If automating that control is possible, it should have some data saved in an automation lane there. If it is not there, it is probably not automatable, but I would check with the plug-in developer to be sure.
HTH
J.L.

Yeah, I forgot to mention I had already tried that with no success. I may have to contact EWQL to see what’s up.

Thanks for the help though!