Cubase 6 still no chord track.

cough american? Just saying :wink:

Ah! I wondered where the Royal College of Music got it from when I was learning CPE harmonisation. Now I know.

No slight on the RCM but the American way is a lot easier for the layman to learn and remember. Especially chords although it is also easier to remember 1/4 and 1/16ths than the crotchet / minim type terminology although, of course, a complete musician does need those.
Anything that makes music more accessible. Bit like you donā€™t have to learn Latin to talk to god any more.
Finding ways to do things rather than moan at someone else for not doing them for you is a lot easier in my book.
And in the Score dialog you can still highlight a chord or all chords and hit ā€œMake Chordsā€ and playback to your reinforcement players with the Score in view.

Thatā€™s American? You think the rest us are still using the figured bass, or what? :slight_smile:

That methodā€™s been taught in British schools for ā€¦ well, I donā€™t know exactly how many decades, but plenty of them.

BTW:

A footnote says this system was used in Voglerā€™s ā€œHandbuch zur Harmonielehre (1802)ā€. Vogler, a German, was born in June 1749 (aged 27 on 4 July 1776).

Most of what I write is midi guitar so a chord track would be most useful.

This patronizing talk about not understanding music isnā€™t helpful.

Well, I never used the Chord Track to learn music, but as a tool supporting music making.

It is indeed a great tool, and as I had written previously, it could evolve into so much more.

Iā€™d love to see it implemented and expanded into a composing tool, in the project window as well as in the editors.

Thanks but itā€™s surprising how many long time players donā€™t use these tools in the UK so unless youā€™ve been to music school you may not have seen or be aware of these simple tools. I call them ā€œAmericanā€ because itā€™s Brit musos who mainly discover these things when in America. English music teaching is very good in the music colleges but just a little sad in mainstream schools.
I post a lot because I have to explain things in detail for people who are obviously much cleverer than me. :laughing:
At least the OP knows these things now you pedantic old boogers.

Tnx!