Cubase 6 Update

Hi all

I currently have Cubase 4 installed on my Mac and I am interested in purchasing Cubase 6 Update. Can I just ask, Will this update work just as well as buying the FULL version. What exactly does it update?
Does it install the new interface, plugins and actual software but keep some features of 4 as well?

Any information would be appreciated.

c.

Hi,
“Cubase 6 Update. Can I just ask, Will this update work just as well as buying the FULL version.”
—Actually, you wouldn’t be purchasing an update, rather an “upgrade”. Updates are free and are designed to improve one specific version. Updates for C4 would simply add improvements to C4. C4 wouldn’t be updated or touched when installing an upgrade. You would get a complete new version of C6, and both C4 and C6 can be on the same computer.

“What exactly does it update?”
When discussing C4, the C6 upgrade does nothing to C4.

“Does it install the new interface, plugins and actual software but keep some features of 4 as well?”
—The upgrade from C4 or C5 to C6 installs the same things one would have if you went to a store and simply purchased the full version of C6 and didn’t own any previous versions. An upgrade is a path that allows previous owners of Cubase to get the new version at a reduced cost. HTH.

Hi,

Thanks for the Info…
The reason why I called it an update is because, when you go to purchase C6 on the online store. It refers the upgrade from C4,C5 to C6 as an update. All the rest are known as upgrades. I thought it was strange as I know updates are usually free and designed to keep your current version up to date.

I will definitely be purchasing the Upgrade then. There are some features in 4 that i didnt want to keep such as, It creates 2 channels when you add a VST instrument. Cubase 5 does not do this.

You were very helpful. Thanks very much.

c. :smiley: