I got a brand new Focusrite Saffire 6 USB and did the following:
- Installed newest drivers from Focusrite website.
- Connected Focusrite device via USB 3.0
- Was able to hear music coming from L/R out of Focusrite (windows sounds, WinAmp, etc)
- This is currently the only audio device enabled on machine, so I set it to “Themes: No Sound” and checked both boxes under Exclusive Mode in the advanced settings (“allow applications to take exclusive control” and "give exclusive mode applications priority)
- I opend Cubase 6.
- In Cubase 6 under Device Settings > VST Audio System, I set the ASIO Driver to Focusrite USB Audio Driver.
- In VST Connections > Outputs, I see:
- Bus Name: Stereo Out
- Speakers: Stereo
- Audio Device: Focusrite USB Audio Driver
- Device Port: Left > Output 1 and Right > Output 2
- I imported an audio track. It renders the audio track, and I press play. I see no meter activity on the output section of Cubase 6.
- I switched the ASIO Driver to ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver
- I see meter activity and get sound from the Focusrite. Nice. Love that 2048 sample buffer size.
- Switch back to Focusrite USB Audio Driver, no meters, no sound.
Any ideas on this one?
Thanks for the help.