Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Likewise here, Cubase 7.0.1 is even more stable than 6.5 was for me. Haven’t experience a single crash since I started using it about a month ago. No issues yet. Sorry for those who do have them though. Hope Steinberg fixes these soon.

Take care!

Just had another hard crash “Retrologue threw an exception.” Nice.

My system is stable. Works flawlessly with Vegas, Studio 1, Sonar, Wavelab, Final Cut, blah blah blah. The only kit I have trouble with is Cubase and its exception throwing. “Cubse has become unstable” I have seen that error many times. Not acceptable. No other apps do that

Fix your app Steinberg

64 bit now. I had been waiting for the 64 bit UAD drivers, though I still have a few old favourites that (so far) seem to be working fine with jBridge.

What can I say? It works as it should. I also have the 32 bit version installed and for what little I’ve done, that seems to be fine as well.

I empathise with those having problems but have no idea why.

ETA: Cubase is not perfect though. I still get the occasional hang on exit, though that has been an ongoing issue for ages and not specific to Cubase 7.

If the fault was with Cubase then logically we would all be having the same issues. Have you tried completely uninstalling Cubase and staring over?

I understand your frustration but venting on a public forum is unlikely to win peer support for tracking down the real cause of your problem.

Calm down,

Totally agree, M203, why don’t you start a thread and let’s see if we can come up with a solution to get you up and running…

Ranting in this thread is not gonna score any points, get you answers but even more so, it won’t solve your problem because no one knows anything about it. :nerd:

Seriously I hope you are joking when you"re telling us Cubase 7 can’t be trusted in a professional environment right ? I don’t even consider myself as a professional but I’ve had no issue related to Cubase 7 so far, the only one time it crashed was because of another program running in the background, I spent time finding what was the cause but this was way more efficient than complaining on this forum

I just laughed reading this : “don’t blame it on my hardware or anything else because I have competent machine and updated drivers” oh crap I sooo wanted to blame your machine and your updated drivers now I can’t !! I’m screwed !! :frowning:

Seriously ask yourself some questions, how is it possible I don’t get all the problems you’re running into ?? If cubase was responsible then I would find myself in your situation right ?? That’s not the case
So try to find the faulty software or hardware that is causing you so much trouble like any smart ( and relaxed ) guy would do

Gentlemen…

Back on topic, please.

About stability: Since I located “bad” plugins and either jbridged or removed them, C7 has been rock solid. I can even hibernate my computer and Cubase works almost perfectly afterwards. If I let playback on when hibernating, it will continue when I turn on the computer! Only my 14 years old Roland synth loses midi communication after hibernate. My other, newer Roland keyboard with USB-midi works well. That leads to my question: is there a way to relaunch midi without restarting Cubase? It would be so cool to never need to exit Cubase (in theory only, in practise I restart Windows about once a week).

Sorry about the little off topic.

This is the official steinberg support forum. I can’t see any better place to share our problems.

Right forum. Wrong topic.

This is the kind of thing that completely ruined the old forum and really damaged the relationship between SB and customers for a --long-- time.

I strongly suggest that ‘complainers’ and ‘supporters’ take this to another topic.

Try this: Open “Devices|Device configuration” and go to “MIDI configurations”. I only have the german Cubase here, so look around. I am talking about the page where all the MIDI devices are listed and you can give them names and activate or deactivate them.

On that page (the entire dialog, not just the right hand side with the midi devices) right below the title bar are three icons: + - |< Here you can add, remove or reset all devices.

When your computer resumes from standby and the Roland synth lost the midi communication, try the “reset all devices” button. This reconnects my StudioLogic midi controller, which has the same problem as your Roland.

I asked Steinberg to include an “automatic reset after resume” feature in cubase. Please let us know if this works for you as well. It’d be great to have this done automatically.

Regards

Hajo

Didn’t work.

I haven’t had any issue with C7.0.1. For me, it’s great and I’m enjoying using it.

FWIW, it may be that some problems could be solved by using the most updated eLicenser software (I’m currently on version 6.5.4.1115). Don’t flame me with ‘that’s so frickin’ obvious’ replies, but if it turns out to be that as the cause of the problem you may be experiencing, then hey, it’s worth checking.

Everything’s smooth on my system. that said, i’ve had crashes many times, but thats understandable when a project grows almost out of control.

Most issues for me arrive when a project reaches up to 40^ 'ish tracks with tons of midi and audio edits, automation etc. Thats when things turn freaky, and you can almost feel the impending doom with glitchy white graphics and audio sync issues. then. crash!.

Problem solves itself with a restart of cubase, but, thats why ive set the backup interval as close as possible and I always save, save save save. project name nr1, 2 ,3 etc. thats in my experience the only way to be remotely sure incase something goes wrong. ive used logic before and reason, you can never trust a daw comepletely, doesn’t matter what version or os.

I have reinstalled Cubase 6 and the CPU problem isn’t there.

It’s really a Cubase 7 issue.

Sharing problems or neurotic winging?

Even if it was likely that a Cubase fault could be causing those problems, there is still no need for crass comments like “fix your app Steinberg!”

When you have a problem and needed help it’s usually better to avoid using ill mannered comments. Why not start a thread calling on the vast wealth of knowledge and experience we have here? List your gear and present the problem in detail, but do it nicely and you’re much more likely to get help. I’ve seen people on forums go out of their way to help when others are struggling with a problem. But no one likes a moaner

Call me old fashioned :wink:

Will external plug in I/O routing EVER save with the project???

hello,

I know this is a little off topic, but I think this would be simple to add … I’d like to have a rating
system in the hub … like starts between 0 and 5 beside the projects. I usually compose around 60 different ideas/project and then listen to all of em and rate them and pick the 10 best for my next album, so if I could set and see my ratings directly in the hub that would save me some time :slight_smile: Thx!

Good idea!

yesssssssssssss :smiley: