Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

I will stop my comments dont worry, so I will not report bugs anymore, I’m not a beta tester. Good luck with Cubase 7. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Since instaling the update
the mixer will no longer show knobs on the eq ,pre and chan strip ???
can anyone help ???

better stay with 7.0.1

i had some issues from passing from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2.it drived me crazy all night,things like bad calour settings,no more knoobs in the mixer & some other issues.
So i went on the download center of steinberg ,and i downloaded the install core data for cubase 7.
i installed it on top of the cubase update 7.0.2.
And by magic,everything seems to be working perfectly.
i hope it helps some of you out there. :wink:

Jurij I have been reading your post on this forum and I’m sorry but are you for real. It appears you have been very unhappy with Steinberg since the union with Yamaha (not sure but i believe 4 years now). Why are you still spending money with this company, if I was feeling so let down for so long I would be out of there.

For my part I opened my new studio business just under four years ago and put my trust in both the Steinberg hardware and software and have never once felt let down. I have been very impressed with the quality achievable for the money spent. I have just upgraded to Cubase 7 but of course keeping an earlier working version. Yes there are a couple of small issues one of which I mentioned on the F/book page to which I received an apology and reassurance the following day. I’ve been recording for over 30 years now on nearly every format going including overpriced protools systems. On the Yam/Cubase system I own I have engineered more than a hundred albums (No platinum) without any problems. Even on Cubase 7.

My point is I think that you just need to find things to complain about. You don’t even state what it is that is wrong with the software. If you did maybe some of the kind people on this site would help you. I think if I was Steinberg I would be glad if you switched to Logic, Reason or Protools. And No you are not a beta tester as you have not said one thing that would be helpful in improving the software.

Are you sure you’re on 7.02 now?

Jurij:
Just to let you know, I too feel let down. I have run a profesional studio for over 30 years and have used Cubase since the Atari days. I love and still use Cubase 6.53 but, for me, Cubase 7 is still not usable (call me a whiner but I’ve contributed to loads of Cubase 7 bug reports and, I’m sorry, I’m disappointed).

I am getting an error code 1603 after the unzip process just before it SEEMS to finish the update. I am using 7.0.0 currently. ANy ideas ?

Updated to 0.2 since two days with no issues in my both systems.

Me too, since maintenance update availability, and cruising fine.

Thank you, Steinberg HQ! :smiley:

Hello,

Thx for the great upgrade (7.0.2)! I wan’t to start by saying that I love Cubase 7!! However I’ve got a couple of bugs to mention … they’re not major, but it would be nice to get them fixed.
1st I think this was probably mentioned by someone else but in the Mixconsole, if some channels are in the right zone, the last one will be hidden by the control room/meter panel depeding on the zoom of the mixer … also it’s now impossible to make the control room/meter panel really small neither the zone/visibility panel :frowning:
2nd The auto color on new tracks doesn’t work :frowning:
3rd if you have the time diplayed in your top bar of the project window (where the tools are), if you press play in your project and then right click on the time display, the music will keep playing but the cursor will freeze and if the user click again anywere, the project will go back to where the cursor froze.
4rth There’s still no keycomand for the search track in the mixconsole
and last, please make the MCU to hide what’s hidden in the mixconsole! :smiley:

Thx

apart for the zillion of mixer bugs c7 is surprisingly rock solid so roll on 7.3 and lets see if it’s third time lucky :wink:

Hey man, I want to walk you through my process, as i must be misunderstanding something:
Restarted my pc
Started the 7.0.2 installation

• an extraction window pops up and extracts the installation file
    -it asks me if i approve the program “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer
    I clicked yes
    An installer window appears and states “this program will instal SB C7.0.2 update on your computer”
    I clicked next
    -asks what to install ( i chose 7.0.2 update 64-bit only for now)
    -clicked next
    It show what its about to install
    -clicked install
    Elicenser installer starts
    Click next
    Accept Terms of EULA
    Click next
    Starts installation
    End installation by clicking finish
    Installation begins - and again
    ERROR CODE 1603

Can you tell me what i should do?

Post a new thread?

Yeah i would do that, smartass, except my origional post was placed in this thread from a new one that i started

But thanks for your concern, very helpful!

I have NEVER had an install issue on updates until 7.0.2. I am using 7.0.0 and planned on going directly into 7.0.2 when I had the exact same series of events. AT the end, I was getting the ’ rolling back" and then the error 1603.

According to Microsoft, they provide a method of resolving the problem by setting SYSTEM permissions. I have never had a problem here but look into it and it proved to NOT be a viable solution.

I tried the install at least 10 more times but it never worked. Since I had 7.0.1 downloaded, I decided to try that install and it seemed to work perfectly. Re-booted serveral times to “clear out” any install residuals and try the 7.0.2 update but it still did not work.

MY LAST ATTEMPT…I launched the eLicenser after the EULA and by the time I had closed out all of the windows to watch if the install would run, I received a message that it was all finished. Closed it out and started Cubase 7.0.2 and it is all there running perfectly…I have NO clue why but it is working…working well too…

Probably a long shot but maybe an updated eLc is actually needed for 7.0.2?

Funny thing is that it had installed the elicenser as the first part of the routine and every single time I had tried the update. All that was different was that I had simply launched it instead of closing the window.

I had even had it perform a maintenance operation initially. That was maybe 15 attempts earlier

… do you update from v 7.1 ? if so try this :.
in windows explorer right click on the cubase icon in the steinberg folder in programs…
then find the “last versions” button … click this and wait a short while ( a few seconds ).
click in the icon to revert back to v7.0…
…download the “core install data” from my steinberg /support /downloads .page and install it just follow the onscreen instructions… (i am not certain if this step is imperative however its what i did and it helped me ).
after this has been completed then install your update to version 7.02 without the .01 … in other words you skip over the 7.01 completely…
power down your DAW… (cold start )
then after rebooting you should be ok…

this is what i did … it may help but it may not… if not then dont panic … try this .:
with your new downloaded “core data” reinstall cubase again… also you may want to try something along the lines of install on a buddy’s computer if it works there then your daw is the problem if not then your steinberg software may be corrupted if the later is the case i am certain that they will replace it for you …
if you have difficultly understanding those steps i mentioned above then please feel free to contact me and i will walk you through it step by step …
good luck buddy and keep ya chin up its not the end of the world …
cheers
T

You sir, are a genious.
Thank you for solving my problem i followed your instructions and am now running 7.0.2 smoothly
Cheers :slight_smile: