Cubase 7.0.3 Problems in Video Reproduction

Hi all,

here is a professional film composer that is using cubase since several years.
I have written on the forum before only to report a similar problem on cubase 7.0.2 but it seems Steinberg has not managed to fix this.

The video player in Cubase 7.0.3 is not working properly anymore on my system: when I play a video the player doesn’t play the video normally, but often stops on a frame for more than a second.
Furthermore, very strangely, video and dialogue (audio track) are not synchronised on projects that were rock solid built in cubase 6.5. Projects that have been broadcast on BBC One primetime: this used to work guys!!! :cry:

I have cubase 7.0.3 and 6.5 on the same system: If I open the same video on cubase 6.5 I don’t have any problem.
The strange thing is that I didn’t experience any problem with cubase 7.0.1: is there a way to downgrade on Mac?

I hope this is something that will be fixed soon otherwise it will be impossible for me to use cubase 7 from now on…

I ask steinberg, how can you get it wrong on something so important and how long will you take to fix this? :exclamation:

These are my specs

Cubase 7.0.3
Mac Os X - 10.6.8
24 Core Mac Pro 2x2.66 Ghz Xeon
48 GB Ram
ATI 5770
SSD Disks

As I said I have scored several shows on this machine so I don’t think there is something wrong with my computer.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best wishes

Am I the only one to experience this problem?

When I press play, after a few seconds the video stays still on some frames.
And the video is not in synch with the audio files in the project.

This with cubase 7.0.3 and the specs I have written in the previous post.
No problem with Cubase 6.5

I am looking forward to have any suggestions from you.

Best wishes

YEP.I 'VE THE SAME PROBLEM MAN.HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY ANSWER FROM STEINBERG?

I am also having the same problem in cubase 7.0.3, i have dropped frames and video stutter, and also some color glitches when decoding (some frames appear brighter mp4 h.264), tried several other codecs and i get the same video stutter (brighter frames do appear in cubase 6.0.7 but other than that playback is good).

I was using an Imac with 8 gb in ram, a core i5 cpu, no idea as to what video card that computer has and the os is 10.7.something. (wish i knew more specs but i’m not a mac user at all)

On a side note i also had problems playing back video outside cubase as long as cubase was open, also video playback was on a tv connected to the thunderbolt port, i noticed ( though i didn’t check this thoroughly) that playback seemed to be fine on the main display, but as soon as i placed it on the tv the stutter appeared once again.

Thank you very much, I hope this issue gets resolved soon. By the way kudos on cubase 7 it is beyond awesome! best DAW ever.

Rodrigo