Cubase 7.0.5 discussion

Had the same thing happen to me also!

Thanks Helge, I just want to make sure I understand … you are saying in order to make it work on OS X, it has inadvertent results on all platforms? The reason I ask is that I am on Windows 7/8 and as you can see I have the problem.

I appreciate you guys looking into it. If we get a few more consistency things done on the mix console, specifically the always on top and focus issues, I think I can switch. I haven’t finished figuring out a good keyboard setup for the console commands, but it looks like they will reduce the clickity clickity significantly. That is much much appreciated.

The other thing that really sticks out in this comparison is in 6.5 you could tell the difference between buttons without reading, just based on shape. Now so many buttons look the same and have been moved from their location in 6.5 you have to read them in order to make a selection.

The big font issue is affecting me in Windows also

I’m Genuinely relieved that this is just a bug! and not a design decision! :slight_smile: phew

Me too, I wasted a really good rant if they are just going to fix it. :laughing:

fair enough, threads like these may help improve things. it’s just a general thought reflecting on some implicit imperative of ‘having to’ always be using the latest technology; i know C7 should be working and it’s not, i’m just reminding the obvious alternative option. but yeah, sorry for the ot.

What baffles me is why no one at Steinberg actually uses this software before churning out another update. It’s such a blatant issue that should not slip through the net.

I don’t really understand. First it is a problem on my windows system, second it wasn’t a problem on C7.04. I’m not a programmer but can’t you just undo what ever it was that you changed with the fonts on this update. Third did nobody notice this in testing.

Phew! Good news.

Can we change the whole track lane color in the mixer, yet? I know that the track lane labels change but I can’t change the whole lane and these shades of grey are giving me Alzheimer’s since I ran out of Prozac…

Have we gotten there, yet…or did I just forget? Oh, I don’t remember?

Helge, could you check that too, please?

nop its not there yet… hope they also add some sort of good separation between channels in MC and better fader cap and buttons graphics…
thanks for quick updates , lot of workflow improvements and better MC+control room UI needed though :exclamation:
Well i hope this cubase 7 release is a good lesson in many aspects for SB and Us for future cubase major redesign !

cheers… :sunglasses:

Well, I really like the Control Room text/legibility now; can that stay…? Are you able to separate this section…? My set up is that I am not sat close-up over the monitors - they are set back, a couple of arms length away.

lol :wink:

THIS !

Same goes for Channel Gain and Phase switch.

I fear they can not go back to the better ergonomics of 6.5, as the resizing of different shapped buttons, etc.
would be much more complex.
:neutral_face:

bye, Jan

This seems to be the only bug that’s bothering me greatly that was introduced in 7.05

Pretty simple to repro. I used to be able to press alt-click on the power button of the plugin to actually disable it. This no longer works. Also once disabled(by opening and pressing button in upper left) I cannot easily activate it again either. It’s like the key commands have changed but i wasn’t told a new one.

Any chance somebody can reveal the REAL key command for this or better yet Steinberg let me know what on earth I’m supposed to be doing with this or release a quick fix? I’m loving the stability and bug fixes in 7.05 and am not somebody who cares about the font issues, but this is really really slowing me down. Clearly being able to disable and enable plugins without opening their plugin edit window is a key feature i need, and no, just bypassing is not what i want to do all the time.

This issue has brought up the wider issue of legibility / useability. Please don’t just quick fix one current bug - we really do need a better solution for the professional community at least (though I’m sure all would benefit). As well as a more practical font, the option to hard truncate names is essential to me. Scaleable fonts might work too, but as an option.

I’d be euphoric with the font the same size as 6.5 (with a narrower strip too), and a checkbox in options for intelligent shortening.

:cry:
So!
I’m a Cubase user since Cubase VST 3.5…
And i’m very, very, dissapointed.
What is the purpose of a professionnal music software that costs 600 euros?
Playing with colors, playing with fonts, playing with updates?
Your Mixconsole is just bad. You are looking for resolve bugs and worflow, but just u have taken the bad way, graphics are just ugly and unusable, the strip is low-quality ( sound and graphics).
And “gigantics” fonts are not only on Mac, i’m on Windows 7 64 bits.
Cubase 7.05 is worse than Cubase 6.5… I think it’s now a serious problem for us, users.

Ok, im waiting for 7.06.
But i need to make music professionnally, to simply “make music”, not colorize… and Protools 11 is there.
Sorry, very sorry, but i’m first very sorry for me!

Best regards anyway.

I have that exact same problem about disabling plug-ins in the MixConsole. Very frustrating and a real workflow killer. I did the trash preferences thing but it didn’t fix the issue.