Cubase 7 32-bit can't allocate enough memory

I was really excited to install C7 from C6.5, but now I’m having a really bad experience with it.
This is basically my PC System:
Intel with a Quadcore & 4 Gigs of Ram running Windows 8 pro 32bit.
Multiple VST’s like Kontakt, IK Multimedia Total Studio which includes all the Vst’s synths and TR Racks Plugins, Halion 4, GA3, VG2, and so on.

Cubase 7 will start without problems but if i load say Neo Soul Keys and then Kontakt 5 Drums it crashes saying it can’t allocate enough memory followed by another prompt telling me it’s going to close the program and that’s the end.

Also it does not recognise my TR Racks Plugins or Amplitude 3 suite prompting please make sure this program is installed properly, well it is, worked fine in C6.5

Under 6.5 I had no issues at all with any of my software so why has everything gone so wrong, I would appreciate any advise on this matter so i can join the new world of Cubase 7 users.

Intel with a Quadcore & 4 Gigs of Ram running Windows 8 pro 32bit.
Multiple VST’s like Kontakt, IK Multimedia Total Studio which includes all the Vst’s synths and TR Racks Plugins, Halion 4, GA3, VG2, and so on.

Cubase 7 will start without problems but if i load say Neo Soul Keys and then Kontakt 5 Drums it crashes saying it can’t allocate enough memory followed by another prompt telling me it’s going to close the program and that’s the end.

As you are using the 32-bit version of Cubase it is likely that you run out of memory when loading to many Samples in Kontakt 5. Also Neo Soul Keys is demanding on RAM. Try to reduce the preload amount for diskstreaming in K5 while having a look in the taskmanager: Cubase and memory consumption. Surely it would be safer if you install Windows 8 x64 and use the Cubase x64 version.

Also it does not recognise my TR Racks Plugins or Amplitude 3 suite prompting please make sure this program is installed properly, well it is, worked fine in C6.5

Can you try using them in 6.5, do they still work there? Did you check your plug-in path under Plug information?

Cheers,
Helge

Thank you Helge for your reply
Yes i am using the 32bit version of Windows 8 and Cubase 7, but I’m not a technical with PC so can you advise the best way to change up to the 64bit system, ie can i install Windows 8 64bit over 32bit or do i have to uninstall W8 32bit first?

Also Kontakt 5 is crashing with just 1 vst loaded, as for TR racks was working fine in C6.5 and I can see it in the plug ins path in C7.

If the answer is to move to 64bit then I need help to get there, I have checked my PC System Performance and it can take 64bit, thanks for your help so far.

With my projects I tested, memory consumption is about 300MB higher with Cubase 7. So with a 32Bit OS/32Bit Cubase I expect that you run into problems because of the limited usable memory for every process.
It’s highly recommended to switch to a 64Bit OS and put the same time a bit more RAM in your machine (8GB).

I’m not sure if there is a upgrade path (without losing settings/installed applications) from a 32Bit to a Windows 8 64Bit. Anyway, I would suggest to use such a system change to make a clean install. I had about 70GB of crap after the years installed, lot’s of stuff from never existing applications, temporary files, old settings…

Well, when I try to start Cubase 7 64bit it crashes on startup every time. This release is totally worthless. I’m guessing it is 6-9 months before it is even close to working.

Using Cubase 32-bit with 16 GB Ram. All my memory critical vsti’s are 64-bit vsti bridged with jbridge - so running above 4 GB. I.e. following vsti’s are bridged: omnisphere, stylus rmx, trillian, kontakt, guitar rig 5 pro.
No problems with that configuration.

Thank you everyone for your input, it seems that I need to spend some money to get C7 working. :frowning:

Hi

Her’s an update to my situation with Cubase 7.
Following the recommendations posted by Helge Vogt » 08 Dec 2012 above, I had my PC updated to Windows 8 64bit and Cubase 7 64bit and doubled my Ram to 8 Gigs, however my PC is still crashing during a modest project build up.

Checking my Task Manager reveals that on average my projects are using approx 4-5 Gigs of Ram at 45-55% and the the load on my CPU is around 35%.

My PC is only about 3 years old and has the following spec’s:

Processor Intel(R) Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory
Primary hard disk 162GB Free (233GB Total)
Windows 8 Pro with Media Center

System

Manufacturer System manufacturer
Motherboard Model Asus P5K
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 1462 GB
Disk partition (C:) 162 GB Free (233 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 391 GB Free (466 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Total available graphics memory 4095 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3583 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.1070
Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
DirectX version DirectX 10

I have tried using various buffer and latency settings on my Soundcard (EMU 1820m) but the PC still crashes, also tried Asio4All with the same results.

Stienbergs System Requirements for a PC as stated on their box which I’m looking at says the following:

Windows 7 or 8 32 or 64 Bit with 4 GB ( I have Window 8 64Bit with 8 GB )

Intel or AMD Dual Core CPU ( I have A Quad Core )

Windows Compatible Audio Hardware ( I have EMU 1820m )

To sum up, I have invested in updating my system spec’s as advised by Helge Vogt, so I should have a stable system running, but have I missed something else ?

Do I need to change more components in my PC, if so what which ?

Any advise would be appreciated, thanks

Only read product boxes as a rough and very optimistic guide. Realistically you always need at least twice that.
That Q6600 is so OLD! I stopped using that configuration at least 5 years ago. If you go into computer DAW territory you do have to know what’s what in terms of computer needed and approximate real-life system longevity.

Very similar system to yours. WORKING BEAUTIFULLY. It also WORKS BEAUTIFULLY on thousands of other similar systems. So your opinion is totally worthless.

To all who have problems DO learn to be a computer geek because people on forums cannot be expected to fix what you don’t know how to diagnose or describe. Either that or get a local hands-on guy to fix the problems for you and ask the right questions on forums.
If you think you can do it all from here, you’re not all there. :mrgreen:

Hi,

My system; W64bitHomepremium, Asus P5e, 4gbr, Q9300,Asus gt 210, Cubase 7Art 32bit, Ikmultimedia totalstudio3, Drumcore3, Realguitar3, BBE, UAD-1, Kontakt 5 player running colossus

I have a simular problem, cubase 7 Art 32bit is craching or freeze, I do not get the memory warning.

It is craching sometimes when I use Drumcore3 or Ikmultimedia plugins, not always but sometimes.

First, 32 bit cubase on a 64 bit system is the only option as far as I have notised, if you are using the uad-1 card and Drumcore3 as I am, yes I will upgrade one day…(costly)

You can upgrade the ram from 4 to 6 gb on a system like this.

The IKmultimedia plugins created the same issue for me and the solution is to 1 during the installation make sure you are having the right installation-path and administration rights.
But I must say that the issue feels like it still comes from one or all of the Ikmultimedia plugins…
Make sure all your plugins are vst version 2,4 or above it solved the memory issue I had with Colossus, I started to use the sounds inside Kontakt5 instead.