Cubase 7.5 with Mac OS High Sierra?

Hello everybody !

This is my first topic on this forum. I’m a French Cubase 7.5 user. The software is currently running on Mac OS Mavericks. I’d like to upgrade my OS to High Sierra but I can’t find anyone who already tried Cubase 7.5 with it. Did anybody here already try? If yes… works properly? Issues?

Thanks for your replies.
Rom’

Hi and welcome,

Cubase 7.5 is not supported on macOS High Sierra. As far as I know, there is an known issue. You cannot use a sample rate higher then 48kHz. (I’m not 100% sure if this issue was Cubase 7 only, or Cubase 7.5 too.)

Thank you Martin.
I always use Cubase in 44.1 or 48kHz. If it’s the only issue, it might be ok! But… I’d like to get opinion of users who tried this configuration. To be sure…

Well, To be honest, I havnt been able to install Cubase 7.5 on my new Macbook Pro 2018 with High Sierra. Did you get it working?

Hi,

Did you use Steinberg Application Installer Tool for Mac OS X?

I haven’t tried this setup per se, but I do know that Apple has been drastically altering the OS ever since they released the ridiculous “upgrade” that was Yosemite. Now with High Sierra, even the file system has been changed. My opinion is this: even if you were to be successful at installing it and then launching it (which I really doubt), you WILL inevitably run into crashes and errors. I ran into crashes just by running Cubase 9.5 on Mavericks (which is generally super stable, but this version of Cubase isn’t optimised for it, and neither is 7.5 for High Sierra). My suggestion, I’m afraid, would be to upgrade Cubase since you generally cannot downgrade to a lower OS than the one that originally comes with your Mac model.