Cubase 7 and BCF2000

I am using BCF2000 in Mackie Mode and BCR2000 for normal MIDI CC assigning, no problems.
After 7.5 update the Mackie mode is different. I’ve made a corrected layout for the BCR.
See attached JPG.

OT: How is the BCF2000? I’m always a little scared of Behringer… They either nail it or… Fail it!
I’m heavily looking for a good, sensible controller. I’ve had m eye on the Novation Zero. I notice that the BCF2000 has only one row of knobs. Is this counter-intuitive when mapping to, say, an EQ?

I have a BCF and a BCR. Both worked fine with the 64bit drivers, untill… I upgraded from Win 8.0 to 8.1. Then the old problem arose again: windows not knowing which driver belongs to which device. I “solved” the problem by connecting the BFC via MIDI (mackie mode) and the BCR via USB.

I don’t have one anymore, but I used a BCF2000 for a long time. It was great, it had Mackie mode, so you can use all the remote features of quick controls etc., and also had its own configurable mode.

It did eventually fall apart– USB header separated from the board, and the LED cover fell inside. But really, for the price it was great, and as has been mentioned if USB fails, it can be used straight MIDI.

Note that the BCR2000 doesn’t have Mackie emulation mode.

Yep. Sounds like good ole Behringer! :wink:

I bought a BCF when they came out. Thing is still rock solid.

Nice! Again, sounds like Behringer! LOL. I’ve had gear from them that falls apart weekly—and some that I’ve used in the rack for years without an issue. I think there’s a lot of randomness in build quality/components.

I would have to agree enjneer.

I had for like 5 years, and I bought it used for 125 USD…

I use a bcf2000 and Cubase 6.5 works fine. With Cubase 7.5 you may want to chose the compatibility switch in the driver to get the old behavior of bank switching.

MSY, many thanks for the reply and layout, much appreciated.
I think you have explained my problem 1 above. But then, how do you now scroll through pages shown in BRCview?
Also, I don’t think it explains my problems 2 and 3. Any suggestions?

enjneer, it is early days for me. I wanted to get away from being completely mouse-centric. At present, I am having to consciously stop my reflex reach for the mouse and reach for the controller instead.
I have a feeling I will do a combination of mouse/controller/computer keyboard in the end.
In terms of the BCF2000 specifically, yes, one bank of knobs to control EQ and other things (plugin parameters?) is not feeling intuitive. Maybe I will just continue to mouse these.
As mentioned, I am having some problems which are quite annoying in terms of workflow; it would be good to solve these! However, I am definitely feeling many benefits of the controller with a number of mixing duties. As much as anything, I am enjoying the physical use of faders/buttons/knobs compared to a mouse, which requires so many ‘micro’ actions. But time will tell I suspect.
The automated faders are working great. I think most things are working fine as far as I can tell at this stage.
I really wish it had a dedicated Record button. It is crazy that is not part of a standard Transport bar on the unit. You have to press 2 buttons (Shift+Play) in order to trigger recording, and they are so far apart it usually requires 2 hands or a very wide-reaching single had - ridiculous design flaw in my opinion. Thus, I continue to do this using the * key on my computer keyboard. I would also prefer that the Stop/Play was a one toggle button rather than 2 separate buttons; it seem to make more sense to me.
I bought it 2nd hand. The power plug inlet collar was missing, as was the LED glass cover. Seller said he couldn’t find them.
Hope that helps.
But these things don’t affect functioning.

thanks, can you explain how to do that?

This thread may help.

I have been using a BCF2000 for years the faders however I find noisy and a bit jerky. I’m very keen on checking out the new replacement controller from Behringer - the X-Touch. http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X-TOUCH.aspx

This is exactly the kind of thing I worry about. And the reason the (otherwise gorgeous) Euphonix controller got sent back. I don’t want cheap-looking/sounding stuff in my control room.

I’m checking out that link!

TWO THOUSANDS DOLLAR!!!

I wouldn’t give Behringer $2000 for anything (although that controller does look pretty rad)

But, seriously, at $2k, I’d just get that Avid controller–a name you can rely on.

Thanks for the detail, petervad!

Believe me, I hear you. I learned on large-format, 40+ input consoles in big studios. Every track/channel had a fader and every send had a pot…
I loathe mixing with a mouse, but it’s been a trade-off for being able to have a professional-level studio in my house!:slight_smile: (Not to mention pressing CMD + S to save everything)x

I’ve given up on the dream of mixing with faders. Most controllers have just a few of them, and my average track-count by the time I’m in full mixdown mode is 70! I’d waste more time paging through fader banks than mixing.

All I want is to be able to sweep EQ frequencies from time to time, and mostly to be able to run my automation passed with knobs and faders. I could automate a send to a delay, or ride a vocal fader in one pass using a controller.

Transport controls would be nice, but I fly pretty fast using the KB. What would be nice would be a jog/shuttle wheel.

Looks like the X-Touch is only $599 from sweetwater.

Right you are, Beer!

The link from the site to Amazon showed their mixer/interface.

$599 is more reasonable, though still steep. I’ll await the reviews!