cubase 7 control room

i finally got my 7 upgrade… and i cant believe they left out the A B C speaker switching… now you have to cycle thru all the speaker selections till you get the pair you want :angry: … before you just clicked the pair you wanted… i cant believe that got left out… and… you cant set the gain for indivual pair of speakers like in 6.5… i use 3 pair of monitors so this was a cool and needed feature… since each pair has a different input sensitivity, i could in 6.5 match them so i wouldnt have to keep reaching for the output level control… ohhhh im hurt… :frowning:

Hello

True, it’s hard to understand, that already well working procedures of CB 6.07 have been redrawn in CB 7 to make them not working anymore… :question: as you said in your post. (It is as well the “mono” “stereo” switching, which is no more addressable from an external controller anymore…)

There are some more issues like this, mostly in relation to the new mix console - strange :unamused:

I’m still confident, that it will be fixed in CB 7.04.

Cheers

Seeing/reading posts like this (and there are a few like it…!) is always a bit disheartening. Eventually yes, I guess these things will all get sorted. And to try and ensure that they do, there’s no harm in keeping the reminders coming…!

As to the 7.0.4 update - looking through Helge’s list, I would say this ‘mono/stereo’ switching via external controller being ‘fixed’ and the instant speaker switching via dedicated buttons being brought back, will need separate Issue Report topics, for a future update… :slight_smile:

You don’t have to cycle through.
Click on the word “speakers” and it expands to however many monitors you have defined - with a button for each.
AND the output level is individually adjustable for each - in the setup tab, I think.

I use 3 sets of monitors myself.

I’m not sure why they redesigned the CR interface . . . I’m not crazy about it, either.
But after adjusting all the functionality is there.

Hugh

This is correct! Furthermore it allows you to set up individual insert plugins (limiters, EQs etc.) on each of your monitor pairs if you wish (see the setup tab).
Since were venting opinions, I personally find the CR function in C7 brilliant, but then I never used the feature (but I am familiar with it) in previous versions so have no re-learning curve - even so, having a UR28m in use, a number of the CR features are unnecessary for me, but I use it anyway without taking advantage of those particular features because the remaining features are compelling enough.

[quote]HughH wrote:
DRLDP wrote:
i finally got my 7 upgrade… and i cant believe they left out the A B C speaker switching… now you have to cycle thru all the speaker selections till you get the pair you want … before you just clicked the pair you wanted… i cant believe that got left out… and… you cant set the gain for indivual pair of speakers like in 6.5… i use 3 pair of monitors so this was a cool and needed feature… since each pair has a different input sensitivity, i could in 6.5 match them so i wouldnt have to keep reaching for the output level control… ohhhh im hurt…

You don’t have to cycle through.
Click on the word “speakers” and it expands to however many monitors you have defined - with a button for each.
AND the output level is individually adjustable for each - in the setup tab, I think.

I use 3 sets of monitors myself.
Hugh

i dont really know how to reply to the post so i copied the other post:
thanks guys and gals for your support… i will check Hugh’s method on the speakers, cause i went back to 6.5 to finish a few mixes. CB 7 was bringing me down… :cry:

i take it all back… sorry steinberg… and thanks Hugh… i found the settings in the setup of control room with the level adjustments… wow… you have to dig so deep to find it… but i did buttons and all… but of sadly :cry: i cant look at the rms level meter while the buttons are showing or i wish you could put the level meter in the blank space under the speaker select and chose peak or rms… and a fader… well it is a wish :slight_smile: thanks again Hugh