Cubase 7 Latency problem!

i experience some latency issus with cubase 7 as well.
everything worked fine in 6.5.
i updated from cubase 6.5 to 7 (7.0.4)

there is a huge latency while recording midi in my cubase 7 projects.
but when working on large cubase 6.5 projects in cubase 7 there is no latency issue at all.

i use Kontakt and Halion sonic.

m-audio fast track pro
core i7, sandy bridge extreme
64gb ram
windows 7 64bit

sorry, false alarm.

somehow i messed up a single kontakt instance.
as long this track was in my project, all tracks suffered huge latency when recording midi (strange behaviour)

i solved the problem by saving the kontakt patch, deleting the track and loading the previously saved patch in a new kontakt instance.

I’ve only tried recording on one old project, but this happened for me as well. Even though I had the correct driver utilized and it said ~8 ms of latency, I was getting something like a full second delay. I thought perhaps I had the mastering plug-in active, but no, it was bypassed. Once I created a “retracking” project the latency disappeared.

FWIW, I have an m-audio fast track pro and Cubase 5 never had any problems, but Cubase 7 isn’t enamored with it. I could track set at 256 with no issues before, but now I’m getting pops and clicks at 512. Not persistent, just occasional. At 256 with the m-audio driver, the recording would simply stop mid-take, which was both annoying and bizarre. So far that hasn’t happened at 512, but I may have to make my own thread about that if it comes back.