Cubase 7 Mac (No software found to install)

Hello I’m trying to install Cubase 7 on my Mac. I’ve had to put this on the forum board because I can’t contact steinberg support because their site doesn’t work properly. Probably a Mac thing again. When installing Cubase I get the following message:

“Cubase the installation failed mac the installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install.”

I’ve also tried transferring the files from the DVD to Hard Drive and still get the same message.

Is my DVD my corrupt? It installed on to my PC (with no such effort as far as I remember)

Hello Smash,

An important question so that I can help you:

1. What specific Mac OS version number are you running? (Please go to your Apple icon on the top left corner of your screen and select “About This Mac” and tell me what specific Mac OS version number it says there.

Thank you.

10.6.8. You’re gonna tell me it doesn’t run on this OS aren’t you? :s

I have installed Cubase Studio 4 as a workaround, which is lucky I have it.

Cheers

Hello Smash,

That is correct. Cubase 7 is not supported on Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard. Cubase 7 is supported on both Mac OS 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion:

Also your Cubase 7 license on your USB-eLicenser key will be able to run your Cubase Studio 4 license.

Thank you.

Wait so I can actually put Cubase 5, which I upgraded from on my Mac and use the 7 licence? (I have 2 dongles C7 & CS4).

This I did not know.

Thank you for the information.

Cubase will install on 10.6.8 and runs fine if you remove the steinberg hub from inside the Cubase 7 app

I guess you ran an updater instead of a full installer, thus the reason for the no software found message