Cubase 7 on Mac OS X 10.8.2 and all my old plugins working!

I just upgraded my operating system from Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard to Mac OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion and all my plugins are working in Cubase 7.0.1! Even my really old stuff is working. I have to point out that all the plugins were installed on the computer before I upgraded, and I did not perform a “Clean Install”. See list:

Absynth 5.vst
AmpliTube 3.vst
Analog Laboratory.vst
ARIA Player VST.vst
ARP2600 V2.vst
Auto-Tune_Evo_VST.vst
Auto-Tune+Time_VST.vst
AVOX ARTICULATOR.vst
AVOX ASPIRE.vst
AVOX CHOIR.vst
AVOX DUO.vst
AVOX MUTATOR.vst
AVOX PUNCH.vst
AVOX SYBIL.vst
AVOX THROAT.vst
AVOX WARM.vst
B4 II FX.vst
B4 II.vst
Battery 3.vst
BIAS SoundSoap.vst
CamelSpace.vst
CheezeMachine.vst
CS-80V2.vst
DrumCore.vst
ElectraX.vst
ELS Vocoder.vst
EZdrummer.vst
EZkeys.vst
EZmix.vst
EZplayer.vst
FilterBank3 Synth.vst
FilterBank3.vst
FM8.vst
Gladiator.vst
Groove Agent 3.vst
Guitar Rig 5.vst
HALion (3.5)
HALion Sonic
Harmony Engine.vst
Hypersonic.vst
Image-Line
impOSCar2.vst
impOSCarOSX.vst
Ivory.vst
iZotope RX 2 Declicker.vst
iZotope RX 2 Declipper.vst
iZotope RX 2 Decrackler.vst
iZotope RX 2 Denoiser.vst
iZotope RX 2 Hum Removal.vst
iZotope RX 2 Spectral Repair.vst
Jupiter-8V2.vst
karlette.vst
Kontakt 4.vst
Kontakt 5.vst
Korg All plugins
LinPlug, MorphoX
M-Tron Pro.vst
Massive.vst
Mini V.vst
model-e.vst
Modular V.vst
MOTU Symphonic Instrument.vst
MR Click.vst
MTron.vst
neon.vst
Oberheim SEM V.vst
Oddity_VST2MachO.vst
Philharmonik.vst
Play.vst
Pro-53.vst
Prophet-V2.vst
Reaktor5.vst
Rob Papen
SampleTank2.x.vst
SampleTron.vst
Saurus.vst
Slayer2.vst
Sonic Charge
Spark Vintage Drum Machines.vst
SteinwayVST.vst
StylusRMX.vst
Superior Drummer.vst
Sylenth1.vst
T-RackS CS Black 76.vst
T-RackS CS Brickwall Lim.vst
T-RackS CS British Channel.vst
T-RackS CS Classic Clipper.vst
T-RackS CS Classic Comp.vst
T-RackS CS Classic EQ.vst
T-RackS CS Classic MBand Lim.vst
T-RackS CS DeEsser.vst
T-RackS CS Lin Phase EQ.vst
T-RackS CS Metering.vst
T-RackS CS Opto Comp.vst
T-RackS CS Prog EQ 1A.vst
T-RackS CS Quad Comp.vst
T-RackS CS Quad Image.vst
T-RackS CS Quad Lim.vst
T-RackS CS Vint Comp 670.vst
T-RackS CS White 2A.vst
T-RackS CS.vst
Tau.vst
TimewARP2600.vst
TRackS3 Brickwall Lim.vst
TRackS3 Classic Clipper.vst
TRackS3 Classic Comp.vst
TRackS3 Classic EQ.vst
TRackS3 Classic Mband Lim.vst
TRackS3 Lin Phase EQ.vst
TRackS3 Metering.vst
TRackS3 Opto Comp.vst
TRackS3 Prog EQ 1A.vst
TRackS3 Vint Comp 670.vst
TRackS3.vst
Transient Master.vst
UVIWorkstationVST.vst
Vanguard.vst
vb1.vst
VC 2A.vst
VC 76.vst
VC 160.vst
Virtual Bassist.vst
Virtual Guitarist 2
Waldorf PPG, D-Pole, Attack
WaveShell-VST 9.2.vst
Wurlitzer V.vst

Aloha h,

Very kool post to read! Cubase rocks!
{‘-’}

That mean you had them, and C7 installed before upgrading to Mountain Lion, and before ML, the plugs wouldn’t show up? :open_mouth:
Just interested, did you have any other issues (stability, etc.) before going to ML?

I just upgraded my operating system from Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard to Mac OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion and all my plugins are working in Cubase 7.0.1! Even my really old stuff is working. I have to point out that all the plugins were installed on the computer before I upgraded, and I did not perform a “Clean Install”. See list:

Cool to hear!
Did you run Cubase in 32 bit or 64 bit? How is the performance compared to Snow Leo?

Thanks, Mike

ye ye, now go to 64 bit and come down to earth lol

Hi Heiner. All plugins installed and no issues running Cubase 7 32 bit in Snow Leopard. Same in Mountain Lion, Cubase 7 32 bit. I have not compared the speed difference between the two systems.

__

Apple - iMac 27" 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16GB Ram - OSX 10.8.2

I believe his machine (like mine) once having OSX .8.x installed will only
boot into 64 bit.
Cubase can still be run in 32 bit but not a Mac with Mountain Lion installed.

{‘-’}

I am running Cubase 7.0.1 in 32 bit mode on Mac OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion. I have ran Cubase in 64 bit mode and everything seams fine there too, but the old plugins are not optimized for 64 bit (you know, the small window appears that you have to click on). Thats why I run Cubase in 32 bit mode.

I can confirm the plug list above on Snow Leaopard but the following does NOT work after CB 7 upgrade:

Broomstick Bass
Latigo
Bass Rig
Key Rig
Wizooverb

I would like to point out that neither of these will show in Logic 9 either, nor (unfortunately not) in VEPro, so it is not just CB. Only way to get to these old plugs, is to use two computers and link soundcard to soundcard. (That is also a great way for MAC users to use all VST plugs that are made for PC only (if the other computer is a PC that is).

To get to old pluggs you ned to run the slave computer in an old OS (like XP for the PC) This works just great but is a rather expencive solution as you need that slave PC equiped with a soundcard with digital ins and outs, and an old CB with an extra licence. I have an old licence for CB 4 that I use and the old PC was just laying around anyway. Except for Broomstick I have however in most cases newer and better alternatives on the MAC so connecting to the slave is rare. CB upgrade is like software upgrades everywhere else. You should be mentally prepared to let something go and look ahead instead of back. Also to invest time to get to know the new program instead of dwelling in the past and finaly to be prepared to spend more money on the upgrade than just the daw.

I must say that the advantage of the extra memory access is so great that I do not recommend using 32 bit after upgrade to CB7. Especially if you own Kontakt, PLAY, Omnisphere and similar.

If I, on the other hand, should not follow my own advice to not look back, I would say that the most frustrating part righ now is that rather big plug developers with long traditions do not put effort into upgrading to 64 bit. This goes especially for IK Multimedia (SampleTank, Sonic, Moog, Mellotron) but also Antares (Avox) and Sonoma Wire Works (Drumcore).