Cubase 7 Overdubbing Vocals Issues

Jimna: Have you tried clicking the “CONSTRAIN DELAY COMPENSATION” button
on the Main Tool bar just while recording, then click it off for playback :question:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

My interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. Hard to believe it is the problem, its done well for me otherwise.

I did try the “CONSTRAIN DELAY COMPENSATION” button with no luck.

Is it worth trying the auto monitoring setting?
File, preferences, VST, Auto monitoring

try manual or tape machine style

Did you checked the Scarlett mix control software? I know that Scarlett 8i6 has various mixes scenarios to monitoring.

http://d3se566zfvnmhf.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/downloads/7283/scarlett-8i6-user-guide0.pdf

I notice there is a firmware update too:

Hi Jimna,

Thanks for you thread.

What is your operating system?

Which version of Scarlett Mix Control are you running on?

A screenshot of your Scarlett Mix Control settings shall be helpful as well.

Please let me know, if I can be of any further assistance to you.

With best regards,

Marcel // Focusrite Novation Support

Not sure, but I think I might be having a similar problem. I’m getting a noticable echo ( slap back- about 20 ms ) after I’ve recorded an audio track. If I play the wav file for the track ( by using the speaker tool or the scrub tool ) there’s no echo- but if I play it with the transport play button, there’s a noticable echo. I’ve removed every other track in the project- no inserts, sends, reverb- no delay on the track- double checked all the Focusrite LS 56 settings. Changed buffer sizes and latency. No change. The original wav file is fine- but when it plays back through Cubase ( I’m on C6.0.7 ) there’s a real problem.