Cubase 7 Trial not working

I appreciate any help I can get.

I have Cubase Artist 7 and have been using it for around 3 months, give or take and I wanted to try Cubase 7 as a few of the features I want to try aren’t in Artist.

I entered my activation code for the 7 trial and it’s there, and says that it expires April 10th, i opened Cubase and it was still Artist 7.

I’m wondering if I have to un-install and re-install everything, or if I missed something.

Thanks for the help

T

Bumping this as it’s still not resolved.

I downloaded the trial cause I thought maybe Artist 7 and 7 were different. Already have it installed. The trial is activated on my eLicenser stick and still won’t work.

Any help, this is making not want to consider the upgrade cause I don’t want to pay for something I can’t use, so please any help would be beneficial.

Thanks

bump

Contact Steinberg support…?

Sent in a request, but hoping someone here might be able to help as well.

I’ve tried everything short of reinstalling windows and buying a new eLCC stick… things I don’t really feel like I need to. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

Hi Diverce,

I think that this issue is definitely one for the Steinberg coding squad - they are currently really snowed under (pardon the pun) so they are taking up to a week to get back from recent experience; so just bare with them and I’m sure they’ll help you get things sorted out! :wink:

Forget about re-installing Windows 7, I’m sure it won’t come to that, it will most likely be an eLCC license issue preventing you from entering the demo mode because of the presence of your existing Cubase 7 Artist license which could be interfering with the demo (i.e. probably instantly reverting your Cubase 7 Demo version back to the Artist version).

I presume the license for the Cubase 7 demo is actual a Software eLicenser (SeL) (i.e. based on your hardware) as they wouldn’t make you own a dongle to use a demo. As such, have you tried removing your dongle (with your Cubase 7 Artist License) then trying to run the demo again with out it attached?

This should force the demo to run using the Software eLicenser (SeL) instead of the dongle containing your Cubase Artist 7 license.

This is only a guess mind; but it is worth a try, it makes sense in theory at least (it is what I would try under your circumstance), also remember to run Maintenance in the eLCC so as to clean up any issues that could be causing conflicts.

Something for you to try at least! :slight_smile:

Kat

Thanks for the response. I actually got a response from Steinberg and everything is working great. Here is the response they sent me to help out, hopefully it will help others that are, or will experience the same issue.

From Steinberg:

Cubase 7 and the 7 Artist share the exact same installer it is a preference and the license that determines which one opens. As you have already licensed and set the preference for Artist that is why it continues to open.

To reset it you want to follow this.

Windows Vista and 7

1. Quit all running Programs
  2. Navigate to C: > Users > “Your Folder” > AppData* >Roaming > Steinberg
  3. Rename the Cubase folder to old Cubase do this to any folders you see for the program in question.
  4. Launch Cubase and you should be prompted which version to open.
  • AppData is hidden to show follow this.
  1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
  2. Click the View tab.
  3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

No worries, I’m glad you got everything working! :slight_smile: