Cubase 7

Good for you. I am happy version 7 gets every day usage from you.

Listen, don’t tell me what I should say. I stated clearly, very very clearly, that I do not have cubase 7 and I also stated earlier"

At least, I wouldn’t trust using it if I had it based on all the reports in the C7 forum of issues and the major loss of control surface integration with mixer views.

I can comment on status with such certainty because a great deal of issues listed here in this thread and in the cubase 7 forum that there would be way too many issues reported that I would come across in daily use. And, and this is a big AND, I am not the only one that feels this way either. So, what does classify it as being severely incomplete?

How about:

*The mixer does not scale well. The buttons compress on top of eachother, text just smooshes to a blob etc…
*Mixer to Project synch is semi-broken, primarily if you use folders but under other scenarios as well.
*crippled/removed/missing key commands (because of course I hate using the mouse)

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=33412
https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=33953
Steinberg Forums
Steinberg Forums
Steinberg Forums
Steinberg Forums
Steinberg Forums
Steinberg Forums
Steinberg Forums

And these are only ones that would impact me. How about people scoring to video? Lets try that in Cubase 7 right this moment.

I stand behind my statement that it in its current state it is severely incomplete. It is okay too. Hey, they did a major re-write with a boatload of feature adds. Steinberg will correct problems and optimize the new code. It is how it works. There is nothing wrong with that, however what is wrong is painting a pretty picture of cubase 7 especially to people like me making a living doing audio recording and production. My life would be miserable! I am so thankful Steinberg has classified the issues to a dedicated forum. It shows there is a lot of attention being paid to their work and the work of their customers with reporting what they find. I have no doubt in my mind that they will polish their work, but right now, it is a diamond in the rough.