Cubase 8.0?

Questions I would have aside from required fixes are what feature will be introduced with the new version.

I could think of one right now “solo/mute function from the MIDI editor” but to have this it seems Edit active part must be fixed prior.

Cubase 7 is one rough nut but its true that people roll back from new releases. Following the c7 development, its been a while since I have seen so many dissatisfied customers but this is to be expected with such a large rewrite. I worry though with all the new software that steinberg is releasing that development and bug fixes will become very diluted by staff being spread too thin.

Oh, btw, cubase 6.5 is awesome! :sunglasses:

First let me pick my face off the ground if I am behind on the latest and the greatest.
Wow but seriously, Thanks for the feedback and the hilarious comments.

I set this thread to find answers to what I was looking for and found a lot more then i expected. lol

No I am not rich and want to just have the latest version of a product so I can have bragging rights nor do I feel that more features make better production but knowing how to use the features makes a world of difference.

What I was searching for was mainly the best economic approach. I expressed that in the past I purchased a version of CB and if I had asked questions then or been abreast of the next advancement of the product before I purchased it; I wouldn’t have started this thread. And yes; of course version 7 has superior features then 6 & yes I missed the boat… Got it!

I hope this is clear to some that took my question from an opposite stand point and lucky for me I have a great sense of humor because some of the comments had me cracking up in my chair. hahaha

Honestly thanks for all the comments It did help me make my decision.
Happy Producing!!

Well, for those talking about a makeover or redesign, it does seem to be the time for it.

In July last year, Apple redesigned the GUI for Logic Pro X

And (coming later this year), Image-Line are redesigning the GUI for the release of FL Studio 12

So maybe we will see a redesign (or at least a slight makeover) for Cubase 8, who knows?

Personally, I think Cubase 7.5 looks way better than either of those two. :smiley:

Cubase always does look better than the rest, it is only the transition that seems so painful.

I’m actually surprised how much of Cubase I still remember. I used Cubase on the Atari ST from 1990 to 1999 and then Cubase VST on the PC from 1999 to 2002. I migrated to Emagic Logic 4.8 on the Mac in 2002 (along with Propellerhead Reason 2 and Ableton Live 1), adding Digidesign Pro Tools 5 the following year and that’s what became the problem for me - switching between four different DAW’s to get the job done - which recently became such a major pain that when I saw Cubase 7.5 for the first time, I switched back to it after 12 years away, as I saw I could do everything I wanted back in one place again!

I’m totally happy with 7.5, it’s amazing! :smiley:

gawd I hope they don´t trash the whole GUI and change everything
imagine the horror of “GUI redesign” from IO6 to IOS7

just… add better window handling… don´t open the box of pandora with a “total makeover”

How is it that the people clamoring for a GUI upgrade saying how long it’s been have forgotten that the GUI was upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0?

And I agree with Tom: the most enjoyable part of upgrading is reading the posts from people saying they are going back to the previous version. That’s why I’m still on 6.5.5. :mrgreen:

As I’ve said previously, I’d be happy with either a consolidated view or magnetic window snapping (which effectively would form a consolidated view). Other than that, the Cubase GUI is good as it is.

Cubase 8 will have a 3-D GUI. 3-D lenses will be included in the boxed version :wink:

I wouldn’t rush things, I hear Cubase 9 is will be full automatic - You will be superfluous - no longer required! :laughing:

The user will still be required as an input to the complaint department. The user who complained about having to click twice instead of once will now complain that without at least one click, he feels left out of the process.
“The extra click was completely destroying my “creative process” and “workflow”, but zero clicks has completely removed me from it!”

Now we must also use “CTRL” in order to speed up the plugin process. :imp:

Just wondering, will there be a Cubase 7.5.2 before 8.0?

Great thread.
{‘-’}

If there is something more to come it will likely be 7.5.1x but it’s hard to know because the x could be internal build numbers.

Interesting topic! I’m very happy with 7.5. As for the GUI, I hope it stays as is in version 8. The mixer looks similar to logic and protools. I have 4 versions of cubase from 6.5 to 7.5 and 7.5 is by far the best. 6.5 needed a makeover, 7 had issues 7.5 is rock solid no crashes. Loving the features like track presets and visibility among others. Once I updated versions I don’t use older ones but for the fun of it opened 6.5 recently and noticed that we needed 7.5…

And when 8.0 is released, you will realize what 7.5 needed, and won’t bother using it :wink:

Cubase 8? How short sighted. I’m wondering about Cubase 21 already. Because I’m cleverer than thou. :laughing: