Cubase 8.5.15 and OS X El Capitan

Hi. I am new to the Cubase Forums and hope this is the right section for my request.
I am running C 8.5.15 on windows 7 now, but I am thinking about swithing from pc to an iMac with OS X El Capitan.
I have been browsing old topic (dated Dec.2015) about compatibility of C 8.5. with El Capitan and the users’ feedbacks were rather negative.

The official Steinberg page (knowledge base section) says there is full compatibility.
Is there any updated experience on this (quite fundamental) topic?
can anyone give me his feedback on the compatibility with El Capitan?

thanks!

Cubase Pro 8.5 is workings great for me on OSX El Capitan. It’s been great upgrading from 7.5 to 8.5 as both versions
Have been very stable for me. But 8.5 is much better, an amazing DAW to produce great music.

Depending on your use of CB there’s always an issue here or there … but I don’t think any of them are related to El Cap. Your biggest source of problems will be to do with plug in and instrument compatibility. Make sure to do your homework and ensure your important add-ons have been updated.

Same applies to your hardware divers … Ensure your audio / midi interface has current drivers for Mac . Also be aware that Mac doesn’t have automatic direct monitoring on most interfaces so you usually have to work through a hardware pass through controlled by an input mixer provided by the interface manufacturer. Stenberg interfaces integrate this control into Cubase itself which is nice.

If you use a USB MIDI keyboard check drivers for that too if it needs one…

For what it’s worth everything seems OK here … NI Komplete, Omnishere, EZ Drummer… all mainstream plugins .

Running perfectly here.

Good to know!
As audio interface, I will use a RME MadiFace USB connected to a Ferrofish A16 MkII and a RME ADI-8 Pro, for a total 24 analog I/O.
Since the RME stuff has a stellar reputation, I assume their drivers work well under El Capitan too…but it’s still to be checked, I’ll do with RME’s support directly.