Cubase 8.5.15 crashes

It crashes sometime when opening a project, sometime not.
It crashes when closing cubase.
Windows 7 64 last version
Can you please help me?
Thanks

these issues are totally machine specific not universal. it is not a problem with cubase but rather your particular configuration. as such there is no “fix” you will have to troubleshoot your own system or build one based on a “working” configuration. a complex application with such deep hardware dependencies cannot be written for all possible combinations.

best of luck

It might help if you could explain more about your system. Many of us here have a statement at the bottom with all the relevant details. DLearyUS is probably being a bit brutal, but the fact is you are going to have do do some thinking about your system.

When does it crash - when does it not crash. Is it regular or intermittent? Are there any common links? Perhaps a piece of software that is present when there is a crash. Move the vst folder if it regularly happens with a certain project. Gradually re-introduce the vst’s to see which plugin is the culprit.

If you get an error window after a crash there is usually a little downward facing arrow - click on it and it might tell you what plugin is the issue.

Are you using the latest graphics card drivers? Or soundcard drivers?

You have to go through things in a methodical way. Good luck!

silhouette is dead right!

It’s easy to get frustrated when your rig isn’t working, i had a two hour fault finding session with a guitarist friend via skype last week getting him up and running… i spent more time saying ‘now take it easy, just calm down and be methodical as you’re just going to get confused’… because he was so wound up… it was a simple case of a wrong cable in the end and literally took two minutes to figure out once he calmed down and showed me his setup… :smiley:

Thanks for tour answers.
The crash when opening files occurs intermittent since I have loaded 8.5.15.
The crash when closing is just a message, but It does not change anything.
How may I come back to 8.5.10?

When you get the error window after a crash there is usually a little downward facing arrow - click on it and it might tell you what plugin is the issue.

… Beat me to it… if you don’t get the box by some chance then try start/event viewer/ and on the tree on the left click ‘custom views/administrative events’ and you should find it in the main window…