Cubase 8.5 and High Sierra

I know cubase 8.5 is not supported with High Sierra but for my job computer I had to upgrade to OSX 10.13, and I was able to work in Cubase 8.5

I still didn’t do much work with it but I didn’t have any issues with it. Anyone else is using 8.5 with High Sierra?

I’m not considering upgrading Cubase because I’m a multi Daw user, meaning I would have to pay over 500$ for cubase and ProTools upgrades just to use the new OS…

Thanks

I remember hearing that a few plugins can crash older versions of Cubase on High Sierra. I don’t remember if there are any other issues.

Cubase 9.5 introduces improved graphics performance (specially noticeable on Mac) and a new 64 bit processing mode that can lower CPU usage a fair bit depending on the plugins used, so upgrading at some point is definitely a good idea even if you have no other issues.

I’m about to upgrade to High Sierra (I know, late to the party…) after backing up to Time Machine, so…8.5 Pro works ok with 10.13? The next upgrade I do will cost likely be a new laptop, but I’ll hang on as long as possible. 2012 MacBook pro…still lots of life in the old gal;-)