Cubase 8.5: Chord Symbols = Sluggish GUI

Upgraded to 8.5 from 8.0 (no problems).

Any project with a chord track and some chord symbols will make the whole GUI sluggish.

Seems to vary: fewer chords; less sluggish | more chords; more sluggish.

Meters choppy, cursor movement choppy, everything slow and choppy … but only when chord track and symbols are present.

Seems like some kind of graphics issue.

NVIDIA GTX 750ti / Windows 10 Pro x64 >>> everything the latest.

I noticed choppiness as well, thanks for the heads up, will try to repro tomorrow!

Cheers,
Benji

I’ve got a project with an active Chord Track running now and not seeing any issues. After reading your post I opened a bunch of windows so there’d be more graphics going on. Still no problem, everything is smooth. GeForce GTX970 here, but Windows 7.

I ran my largest project today, and it played fine, but it seems to me that the more is going on, the more sluggish the GUI becomes.
It’s almost as if the processing needed to play the project is taking away from the refresh rate. Look, it’s not a deal breaker for me, but it doesn’t exactly scream “premium product” either…
FYI: The project I’m talking about is 23 GB in memory, using a bunch of PLAY instances, Ivory 2, HSSE2 and a few audio tracks.

Anybody having that? And yes, it uses a chord track, but muted.

Cheers,
Benji

Update: I just removed the chord track and all is fine!
SB, please fix…
Someone file a bug report?

Thanks,
Benji

Confirmed … so e.g., I have a project with a huge amount of chord symbols that worked perfectly in Cubase 8.latest.

But open it in 8.5 and GUI becomes super-sluggish.

Delete that chord track and instantly the GUI is back to normal – swift and fluid.

Likewise: Open an empty/new Cubase 8.5 project – GUI fine – add a chord track – and a few dozen symbols – GUI starts to become sluggish.

Hi :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same problem with Cubase Pro 8.5.
I created a post in “issue reports” section that is awaiting moderator approval.

Also a video of the problem :

Cubase Pro 8 5 Chords Sluggish

EDIT : The issue report just got approved :smiley:
here : Cubase Pro 8.5 Chords Track make GUI jerky

My Computer Specs :

Cubase Pro 8.5.0 64 bits & Cubase Pro 8.0.30 64 bits
Core 2 Quad Q6600 3GHz
GTX 670 (last drivers)
8 Go Ram
Cubase on SSD & Samples on HDD
Windows 10 (up to date)

Watching the video, I didn’t realize you could just hide the chord track and the issue goes away. That’s an ok workaround for now, but it needs to be fixed regardless!

Cheers,
Benji

The issue report just got approved :smiley:
here : Cubase Pro 8.5 Chords Track make GUI jerky

Updated to Cubase Pro 8.5.10 >>> SAME PROBLEM. NO CHANGE. :frowning: