Cubase 8.5 Pro Education to Cubase 10 Pro Updating Error.

Hello,
I have activated and installed Cubase 8.5 Pro Educational. I purchased Cubase Pro 10 Update from Cubase Pro 8.5 Educational.
But I’m unable to update to Cubase 10 Pro. When putting in the Activation Code in the eLicenser Control Center for the update, it says:

“Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer.”

What can I do? Is Cubase Pro 8.5 Pro Educational different from Cubase 10 Pro ? Any help is appreciated.

What does the licence that is currently on your dongle say and what update did you buy exactly?

Hi and welcome,

The Cubase Pro 10 Update from Cubase Pro 8.5 Educational doesn’t exist. There are no dedicated updates from EDU version, so it must be Cubase Pro 10 Update from Cubase Pro 8.5 Pro. Could you double-check, what have you ordered, please?

Also double-check your real license. Didn’t you get Cubase 9 Pro for free thanks to the Grace Period, by any chance?

Hi,
Yes…its already updated to Cubase 9 Pro automatically. I saw it just now. But I purchased Cubase Pro 10 Update from Cubase Pro 8.5 Educational. So can I exchange to Cubase Pro 10 Update from Cubase Pro 9 ? :frowning:

Yep, like Martin’s saying, you received the grace period update. It will now cost you less to update to Cubase 10, but you’ll have to open a ticket at the web store and explain: https://steinberg.support-asknet.com/en/support/solutions

Thank you :heart::pray:t2: