Cubase 8.5 recording issue

Hi folks,
I have this strange issue after recording. I am using Asio4all v2.12 and everything is fine when playing. There is no latency. But after recording, the melody is a bit out of rhythm, which is pain in the ass and totally useless. Has anyone this issue also? Thank you for your help.

HerrLogan

Windows laptop??

I am on Win 7 home 64 bit, on desktop.

The lack of info being supplied here is also totally useless and a pain in the ass :laughing:

Midi or Audio recording?

Ok, sorry, new to the forum :slight_smile: I am using a midi keyboard and EWQL cloud libraries. Before I was using Cubase 5 and has no issue apart from midi latency, which was repaired with Asio4all.
The problem is: I launch Cubase 8.5, open new score with VST instruments (EWQL) and start to record with the midi keyboard. Everything is fine until I stop recording and when I play the single track, it is rhythmically inconsistent. Never encountered a problem with the old version of Cubase.

Everything is fine until I stop recording and when I play the single track, it is rhythmically inconsistent. Never encountered a problem with the old version of Cubase.

Hmmnn…is it definitely inconsistent rather than just late or early??

There is an article on solving midi timing issues in the knowledgebase…maybe something useful in there??

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/midi-issues-on-windows/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1