Cubase 8.5

I’m using Cubase 8.5 with windows 10 and a Scarlett i818.
When I try to play back or use any cubase functions it always takes about 10 to 30 seconds before the function will actually start.
For example: If I push play, it takes about 10 to 30 seconds before it actually start moving. Also I cannot select any functions at all on Cubase!!! It’s like my computer is frozen or crashed for around 10 to 30 seconds.Can anyone tell me what this problem might be? I have all the latest updates & drivers for Cubase, my computer, my Scarlett audio Interface and I have also made all of the recommended settings in order to run Cubase 8.5 smoothly on Windows 10!
This was not always the case. This problem started around 2 or 3 weeks ago! I don’t know what to do!!! I’m lost!!!

I look forward to your help!!!

Hi and welcome,

Please, try to switch the ASIO driver to “No driver”. Does it work now? If yes, then the issue is on the driver side. If it’s the same, I would recommend to try a Safe Start Mode.

Also make sure you have latest elicenser software. Run it as administrator and perform maintenance.

Do you have multiple drives? Maybe try moving the project to a different drive.

Unfortunately suggestions are going to be somewhat random for an issue like this until you can begin narrowing down the problem by trying some things. Most importantly…Have you tested on an empty project or at least on multiple projects??