Cubase 8 and Zoom R24

Zoom

Hi everybody,

I’m not sure whether I should be posting this here or in the Zoom forums…

I am new Zoom R24 users setting up the R24 to work in Cubase LE 8 on Win7 x64. I have looked everywhere on this forum and others and cannot find a solution to my particular problem. I have already:

• installed the Zoom R24 drive
  • set up Zoom R24 to be an interface
  • Cubase recognizes the Zoom R24 in the Device Setup with all 8 inputs (2 active and the rest inactive for the time being). I have my guitar plugged into Input 1 in the Zoom. I have disabled Zoom R24 for outputs, as I want to monitor my recording through my laptop sound card. This is where the problem starts…

I go to VST connections to configure my output, but the only option I get in the Devices column is either ‘not connected’ or ‘Zoom R24’. Cubase doesn’t seem to recognize my sound card. There is no option for HD audio speakers. I have made it up my default audio output device, but it doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Furthermore, even though Cubase recognizes Zoom, when I create a new project (a clean electric gtr. and vocals template, for example) I don’t actually see my guitar signal being picked up when I record - I have setup the guitar track to go into stereo bus 1 (which is active).