Cubase 8 - coming soon?

It will be for doing ambient drones

(Google translate)

 VCA faders for mixing and complex automation workflows

 Render in-place: Bounce MIDI and audio parts easily

 pads Chord: A great way to playfully and Creatively compose with chords

 Improved handling on Windows PC, dockable rack and MediaBay plus a redesigned Tracklist

 Groove Agent SE 4 Acoustic Agent gives you a world-class virtual acoustic drummer

 MIDI tempo detection: Jam along on a MIDI track without Rigidly Following The metronome

 Plug-in Manager: Arrange, sort and group your effects and instruments

 New Virtual Bass Amp, Quadra Fuzz v2, Multiband Expander Multiband envelope shaper effects

 Mixing Updates: Virgin territories automation mode, direct routing and Waves Meters

 Allen Morgan Pop-Rock Toolbox 30 construction kits, each with 25 to 30 audio and MIDI loops

cubase 8 pro ? only for the “pro” its worth 200$ upgrade :wink:
nice useful features additions, but i can’t see a “BIG” change in those.
i guess the main thing are “Improved handling on Windows PC, dockable rack and MediaBay plus a redesigned Tracklist”
VCA faders and bounce in place,
the direct out (like in noendo probably) are also nice
some of the new features i don’t understand what they do and some are ok to fill some features…
probably there are more improvements not mentioned…

good luck

looking alright, quite a few nuendo features thrown in, probably ran out of time to introduce new solutions (like virgin territories instead of proper clip-based, bezier automation etc.)

"Improved Windows handling

Cubase Pro 8 introduces a new way of handling screen, a new “workspace organizer” which allows for a more efficente workflow. Screens can be freely placed on any screen and optionally be maximized and minimized, they can get their own title. All your screens are now also visible in the taskbar cubase. A preview screen and mini icons. The “always on top’s” organized kleienere plugin screens even when you are in maximum screen works great as if the mixing console screen."

Interesting. For me its most important feature now. But…is it fast and nice like Studio One 2 have ? We will see when first youtube videos come…

Where are you seeing this?

True but I found C6/6.5 to be very solid as well.
{‘-’}

Here, from link above:

Ah, didn’t see that. Well, here we go again with distributors announcing the product before SB does…

VCA faders in Cubase Pro 8 will not help you in creating complex mixes

:laughing:

No improvement in VariAudio, and it’s not clear to me that I really have been wanting the features listed to any great degree. I don’t really know about VCAs … I guess my post asking for help with this earlier today was timely!
( Can Someone explain VCA faders to me please? - Steinberg Lounge - Steinberg Forums)

Does anyone read anything about the Elastique problem being addressed in C8?

I’m more than likely to hold off on Cubase 8 for a while … really, I think I’m more excited about what Cubase 7.5.40 will have!

Will it be out tomorrow? o.O
Only poop. Can’t wait to see it.

from the same Netherlands website
translated
"n Cubase Pro 8 it all goes a step further. Behind a modified appearance shelter many latest features and software. Also, the audio engine has been totally renovated, and sounds clearer mer much more headroom.

Cubase 8 Pro
Produce the new standard in

Cubase 8 Pro goes beyond what cubase version therefore, better sound and better routing.

Of course many new options, follow this item because everyday more info !!!

or come to our workshop December 10"

new audio engine ?? mmm maybe this is the best new feature if it really sounds better and clearer !!!

this is also great addition

Asio Guard

ASIO Guard 2 employs low latencies right on the tracks where latency really matters, and increased latency in order to save performance for playback

Sounds like an impressive update

WOW! Now that’s a change.

I always thought Nuendo would get that 1st.

But in C8…bring it on and let’s hear it!

{‘-’}

Define renovated. :wink:

Also, the audio engine has been totally renovated, and sounds clearer mer much more headroom.

Oh, K-rist on a sequencer stick, here we go with the “Cubase8 sounds better than Cubase7!” BS

“C8 sounds better! My mixes sound more open, and there is more depth!”

“C8 sounds the same as C7.”

“No - C8 is bigger! It’s warmer in the low end, thicker in the mids, and crisper in the highs. Finally - my mixes sound PRO!!!”

“Have you done a null test?”

“A what? What’s that??? Look - I dont need any scientific testing here… I know what I hear!!!”

Oy vey.

So are we saying that the DAW industry has now reached a point (a successful null test)
where audio engines can no longer be improved?

If so I find that hard to believe.
{‘-’}

Improved in terms of efficiency, stability, mixdown speed, etc - sure.

Improved in terms of summing sound quality - no. It’s just math. This is why every single sequencer on the market in the past decade+ - PTools, Logic, Cubendo, Reaper, etc. - all sound identical.

Cheers.

“Hear” we go again… Oy vey…!

Aloha J,

I don’t dispute what you say but I find this info both comforting while at the same time disturbing;
because It is hard for me to think in terms of absolutes.

However if this is indeed the case, I will accept it.

‘Whoomp’ dare it is’.
{‘-’}