Cubase 8 error win7x64 "opening error" "aero theme" etc.

With all due respect…

1, Yes, it -is- in the ‘Requirements’. In a footer with a ***. Not exactly right up front. This is a -big- change IMO and should be labelled PROMINENTLY.

2, I have zero other apps that require Aero… including Adobe Creative Suite and other video editors. If all those graphics intensive apps don’t need it, I fail to see why Cubase does.

1. Finally… I kinda object to the tone of Steinberg responders. A little, ‘Sorry you’re having trouble… maybe we -can- make the new requirements more clear.’ goes a long way. The vibe seems to be kinda defensive…, ‘We mentioned it in a prior document on page #93. Deal with it.’

THX !!! :ugeek:

If you can face the work involved and are not constrained by any other software requirements, you could consider moving to Windows 8. It might solve your problems and I guess it does have a slightly more grown up look!

Well, I switched if off for certain reasons. One might have been misinformation in regards to Speed enhancements, but besides any personal preferences, I turned it off because Windows 7 Performance result told me that my Card is not suitable for Aero effects…

All modern programs required Aero. You are just missed informed if you go around and think otherwise. All those programs that you reffering to including all vst plugins you use would work better with Aero on. On OSX you can’t disable their Aero that’s called coco.
I hope Microsoft take that feature away from windows too so you can’t disable it! Aero is needed and essential for the computer and system to work correctly. In the future even more important so just get use to it or go backward to XP32 and stay outdate.

Best Regards
Freddie

I’m agree with ggc about the dependency of an Aero theme… In my opinion the DAW system has to give freedom to the people which theme to use…
Personally, I prefer the graphic interface of Cubase 7.5, it’s the best one, and the starting Logo window looks much better… The logo of the Cubase Pro 8 doesn’t look pro, but lame… And why they needed to change the screen resolution?!
For me, the graphic interface of Cubase 8 is a step back in the evolution of Cubase…
Steiny, first ask the users before to make unwanted changes… Don’t make Cubase to look like a mobile application instead of professional Daw System!!!

I would complain a lot more but these days I’m aware of the fact that being an early adopter of any new software version (aside from smart software like Reaper) means you’re basically a beta tester. So far my only complaint about Cubase 8 is the poorly designed (aka improved) UI. I have 7.5 installed and will use that for critical projects till 8.1 is released.

The people who say that disabling Aero doesn’t affect performance are partially right, since Aero uses your GPU instead of CPU, but there are users (as I said in the other thread) who do not have the option to use their GPU constantly (notebooks/laptops). And those users benefit from Windows Classic theme.

That’s right but we are talking about minimum system requirements, if your system don’t meet them then don’t install the software.

i can live with Aero, i customized most of its looks except the most annoying thing i could not find how to remove on win7…
the glow shades fonts on title bar :smiling_imp: … what a stupid idea from windows not having option to disable this easily!!
any ideas on how to remove the glow fonts for win7 ?

not yet but i bet someone has attempted a mod to address this as it seems to universally irritate people’s aesthetics. once i find something i’ll make a post. (it could be too low-level that this is not possible…)

You are aware that Aero is actually les demanding on the OS and improves system performance?

Not on my laptop… Just spent a lot of time uninstalling/reinstalling gfx drivers… The top menu doesn’t overlap anymore, but now i get A/V mini freezes in my sequencers… Grrr…

Everything was working nicely for me b4 aero…

For all of those people for who like aero etc. and it works for them-> great. Please dont splurt out ignorant comments like "get with the times, time for new hardware, aero is better, you are so stupid for using “classic”
Or
“Use windows 8” → windows 10 is gonna be here in ca. 6 months?! (Windows 8 kinda flopped so hard that it was enough to suck the next version down with it:p)
Be happy that its ok for you.

Please accept that there are some long time and new users who are trying to find a solution to the dilema caused by the aero implementation. - possibly a window management system without aero. Of course aero can also be used post-solution.

My laptop (daw) has a nvidia quadro fx nvs 770… Page Not Found | NVIDIA
Its old, yah, but should be enough… Still, aero gives me headaches with my audio apps…
I will do what i can on my end to try to make it work-> i still stand by finding a fix to drop aero though…

Also-> whats with the strobe light effect when cycling through screens with the Fbuttons → do you want to give me epilepsy? :stuck_out_tongue:

Since i have said everything i have to say about aero, i will leave the subject now and hope for a re-consideration of non-aero necessity…

(Been chewed through enough and awareness is present among us and steiny…)

Greets)

Edit: ooh, hadnt noticed that its been running a while now without audio hiccup… Fingers crossed…

EditEdit:
if it gets “fixed” → cool
If not: ah well, i hope it doesnt hurt too long before i can move on.
Either way, steiny laid the first brick to fixing the windows, which is good. Yes, its still young and in its baby shoes, but it will hopefully stand, walk, and run soon;)

ok, just checked, and i’ve got asus nvidia geforce gt 610.

Don’t forget about ATI.

Granted Nvidia drivers are now up to par and have an automatic update system; there is not much difference between the two.

In general ATI are cheaper but slightly underpowered but sometimes are ahead in terms of executable instructions (like AMD vs Intel CPU’s)

DISCLAIMER: I would be very weary about recommending a specific graphics card for any purpose, in particular if the chipset is not known.

I finally got rid of this “Transparent glass” BS.
And I have no pretty little animated multi-coloured window frames, animated dogs or pets jumping up and down, flashing stars, or ascending multi-colored balloons which is the tendency in The Windows Op system.
I don’t like this tendency of changing programs into ‘cute’ eye-candy.
All that extra ‘flash’ is using up much-needed resources.

Found the solution to the work-space real-estate problem.

Which is ??? (Do I need to load up grooveagent for a drum-roll ? :ugeek: :wink:

So, I have been following this thread with interest because I run Windows 7 and have just bought Cubase 8 Pro 8. Have been running Cubase 6 Pro since I had my custom built PC delivered (approx 4 months ago). I had no idea what the Aero themes were to be honest and started to worry after some of the negative comments. So, seeing as I had bought Pro 8 I thought I would have to take the plunge and activate Aero themes. Well, bugger me, Aero themes was already on! I bought my PC from Scan and they tweaked my system - obviously not seeing a problem with Aero. Must admit that i am in the same camp, i have been running Aero since i took delivery of the machine. My previous PC was running XP so when i seen the transparent boxes i just thought it must be a Windows 7 thing.

Not sure what all the hullaballoo is about tbh.

this is just a sad day for me…after upgrading to pro 9…receiving the msg that i had to turn off my windows classic theme…is just like steinberg what are you doing? :astonished:

So I am one of those users who preferred a basic theme to economics we on resources. When I tried to launch my sparkling new Cubase 9 pro, eager to experience value for recently los money, I get an error telling me Steinberg isn’t supporting basic or high contrast themes with this product and tells me to go into control panel and choose an aero theme.

So I did.

Cubase didn’t recognise the change and gave me the same message again.

I rebooted, still the same message.

Money gone… Can’t load chase 9!

I will next uninstall , or better still do a system restore and change my heme BEFORE installing Cubase 9.

Disappointed with this situation. Not good for people with impaired vision like me. If I had known this up front I would not have bought this.

If I struggle to see my screen because I can’t have a high contrast theme then this could be a deal breaker and I may have to request a refund. Unless… Steinberg very considerately included interface visual tweaking ability for blind bastards like me??? He he!
We will see.

Il keep you updated on my progress.

These upgrades are never plain sailing eh? I feel like a Steinberg bug researcher over here. Oh got me working for you AND I PAID YOU!

Crazy upside down MFO world.