Been several years since I’ve been on here. Lately purchased a new synth, the small Roland JU-06 module. It’s the first time I have ever used a synth which is plugged into the computer via USB.
I have installed the drivers, followed the directions exactly in the READ.ME file and have tried to receive audio output from the Roland JU06 in Cubase but cannot receive it no matter what settings.
Can this machine not be used like other hardware synthesizers??? Several years ago it was quite simple process connecting hardware into Cubase. Basically I would:
- Connect output cable from Roland into the Audio Input 8 of my Motu828
- Connect USB cable from Roland into USB port of iMac
- Connect Midi/Out to Midi/In and vice versa on my midi interface
- Open cubase, create External Instruments and set input to Audio Input 8
- Create External Instrument track, arm the “Monitor” button
Now with this setup I can no longer receive audio feedback. It has been some few years since I have last opened Cubase but recently have gotten back into making music. Am I overlooking something here?
Many thanks for all your help, any feedback would be appreciated!