Cubase 8 - Serious problem has occured.

Hi,

I can’t seem to open random projects that I’ve done serious/hours of work on and I can’t even open the numerous backups of these sessions. I’ve attached the latest crash dump it produced. I’ve tried renaming, duplicating, moving it to a different folder… I just can’t open the session or the backups it had without it producing this crash error… May someone please help me?

“A serious problem has occurred: Please try to save your project under another name and then restart Cubase8.exe. If this problem persists please contact Steinberg Technical Support with a description of what you do to create this problem, and the create file…”

Thanks,
Dillon
Cubase 8.0.10.427 64bit 2015.5.2 13.20.dmp.zip (322 KB)

I have got this error a few times.Usually when using slate plugins as they cause my system to crash.Also its a ram issue as I always get this when i go over the amount i have installed(4gigs).Is the session full of ram heavy plugins?

Looking at your dump-file, it looks like it’s an access violation in a Waves plug-in that’s causing this, the failure is in “WaveShell-VST3 9.2_x64.vst3”. Can you try without this/these plug-ins?

Thank you nucube. It wasn’t a ram problem but indeed a plugin problem.

Krisp,

Thank you for reading the crash dump and narrowing down the culrpit. I had disabled all my plugins before and still had the error but because you narrowed down it was the WAVE plugin in the vst3 folder (which was in another directory I didn’t disable) – I finally fixed the problem and was able to open my session. I find it strange I was able to use the plugin before and suddenly it happens to break, another problem to figure out later.

Thank you both for your help, I am now able to get back into my session.

Hi krisp, How were you able to read the .dmp file?

I got this today when messing with the VCA groups.