Cubase 8 - what is your impression ?

Has anyone tried using render in place with an external instrument and/or Virus TI?

Hi all,

Can we multi-bounce yet in Cubase 8? If not, multi-render in place or we clicking on each track at a time?

Best,

yes we can multi render in place. Select several tracks and it renders in place every one as separate tracks or you can mix them down to one track (chose the option in the render in place dialog).

that’s the good thing about it, but man it takes forever, and the export audio mixdown dialog is way faster but still reimports the track at the bottom of the project window.

Please steinberg improve the speed of render in place.

Thanks.

Just to confirm, are people installing C8 alongside C7.5 on windows with both working perfectly fine independently from each other?

I know that Cubase is designed to be installed in new location each time to allow multiple versions, but I’ve never actually done it myself, only ever had 1 Cubase version installed at a time.

No issues here, performance on my rig is better. really happy so far ;-D

Lovely jubbly here so far! Sleek, smart, slim with much reduced Asio in performance meter, No crackling or overload with new east west play libraries, move tracks around in arranger and mixer channels follow accordingly, plugins stay on top of mixer on second screen, in place render works well, loads more to discover but all in all, a really good release so far!

Now if only the chord pads didn’t take up the lower third of the screen and the docking racks didn’t take up a the right hand quarter as well, I’d say this is a job well done! Loving it good, let’s see what else is hidden away :slight_smile:

I think it’s a very impressive update. I can’t believe they gave us wave meters and direct routing -I really wanted these but expected they’d stay in Nuendo. VCA mixing is also wonderful. It’s great the Steinberg focussed on workflow enhancements, and I think the Pro in the name is well deserved.

Runs awesome… new features are really amazing.

It does need an update though to address some of the little issues mentioned here in the forums… Hopefully one will be forthcoming in the not too distant future.

Do you think it is still faster on your system than routing to a Group Channel (not routed to master buss out) and recording IN from that group channel to a new track?
(BTW: that’s an excellent solution when using 32bit float and if you clip (above 0db) you just normalize to 0db and the clip is gone - can’t do that in 24bit!)

And for the TOPIC…

I’m REALLY Loving this new Cubase. (I’ve been using Cubase every version from SX3)
Best workflow features yet and truly awesome on my multi-monitor rig.
A Few minor “Known issues” (aka undocumented features or bugs) to work out but I’m sure they’ll get patched quickly.

Here is my first impression(s):

It loads and exits quicker.

Waves
UAD 1
Superior Drummer
Virus tI
Stylus RMX ( all of them )
SSD Drummer
EW Play 4
Kontakt 5
Best Engine
Melodyne
Altiverb 7
Izotope 5
Ivory II
Addictive drums

all works 100 % so far :slight_smile:

Everything works great here. Solid and stable with performance on par with 7.5 (in some spots I’m noticing a smoother flow, which feels great). My only complaint so far is the UI.

• Cubase 8 doesn’t seem to work with anything but Aero theme in Win7. (no Win7 basic or Classic theme).

• Permanently locked title/menu bar is a problem. Normally it can be minimized and cleans up the screen, but open a project and it gets locked to the top. Minimize the project window (since project window is independent of title bar) and the project gets minimized but the title bar remains at the top of the screen, blocking icons and looking very ugly.

• Title bar sometimes randomly hangs when closing. Rarely it will remain there after closing, and does not disappear until Cubase 8 is openned again.

The actual features and performance of this version are great so far, but why are the new UI elements so problematic and intrusive?

I mean, there’s a chance that I am the only one with these issues, and if that’s so I hope for someone to clear it up for me, but it seems like these are intentional design features.

Not for me. I couldn´t get into it really deep yesterday, but first Impression is:
Cubase 8 runs much smoother and is able to handle a lot more complex vst plugins.

Not one single issue here so far!

Maybe finaly I found the love of my life :smiley:

7.5 projects and templates are loading unbelievably fast , super fast in fact :wink:

Great news. I’m looking forward to upgrade…

Love it so far!!! Still have the waiting for video service warning unfortunately. I don’t want Steinberg to get a big head ( but this has to be the best DAW on the market to date! ) :slight_smile:

Without diving into the new features, so far my impressions are:

Installation flawless
Seems REAL stable
ASIO efficiency improved
Project load times seems faster
Finally plugins aren’t hidden behind screens! I am really digging the new workspace handling in Windows and that you can have global and project specific workspace layouts!!

This is a MUCH better experience than my 7.0 experience without a doubt!

BUY THIS!!!

Absolutely luv this new look and features. After seeing what has changed it was well worth upgrading.
Still plenty of space for improvement but defiantly moving in the right direction.

First day purchase, but just getting a chance to dive into it today in the studio. Wonderful, it makes C7 & C7.5 update seem like a distant nightmare. Running on Mavericks and no issues. ASIO guard is really improving performance. I always had media bay open so the docked window is a great improvement for me and has definitely improved my workflow, as well as the docked instruments rack. Over all, it looks great, performs great … could Steinberg have nailed it completely this time?! It sure as hell looks like it! One very happy user here.

Docked mediabey is great. But i cant see my folders structure, hard to find sounds only by searching names.

First issue i’ve encountered it’s with U-he Satin, when plugin window is opened I can’t press any Cubase button in background (like SOLO, MUTE, faders and everything else)
Same thing with U-he Presswerk beta

Overall very good impressions everything seems faster and smoother.