Cubase 9.5.10 won't import video

Is video working in Cubase 10? This seems a long time without video support for Cubase 9.5… hard to believe

Hi,

The question is, what do you mean by “Is video working in Cubase 10?” In Cubase 10 you can import video. Since Cubase 10.5 you can even export (render) it out.

Well good that it’s working in Cubase 10. I have Cubase 9.5, and I’m frustrated that I can’t import a video recorded by Quicktime, though the manual says a “.mov” file should work.

Hi,

You were asking to Cubase 10, so I replied to it…

I have just checked Cubase history and that’s right, the new video engine has been implemented in Cubase 9.5. So you should be able to import a video (supported formats) into Cubase 9.5. In any case, I would recommend to go thru the supported formats table and I would also recommend to update to the latest Cubase 9.5.50.

Thanks for the resources Martin, yes that did it!

The problem was I was using Max/Jitter to create the videos, which were creating videos with a variable frame rate. Cubase doesn’t support variable frame rates. So I used Handbrake to convert the variable frame rate to a constant frame rate, and… it works! Thanks again.

Thanks Martin and Lid555.
I had the same problem and the Handbrake with the option of Constant Frame Rate immediately solved it.
Thanks again!!!

That tidbit about setting the “constant frame rate” in Handbrake just saved me. I’d be trying for a few hours to figure out why I could not pull an mp4 into Nuendo no matter what I converted it with. I’ve not run into this before…

Thank you for sharing this!