Cubase 9.5.40 update available

Yea - thats fair enough. I just dont want to go through uninstalling Cubase and reinstalling it.

Hi Bud
Think somewhere,I read , in this forum you can roll back with unistalling and re installing.Please find below what I found,this will help

With 9.5.30 you are in the 32 but float processing precision.

No we had 64bit processing - they’ve introducing 64bit bit depth recording.
Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 17.19.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 17.19.42.png

OK so I had noticed today something odd
My Izotope Neutron is in the blacklist for some reason.It wasn’t there before the update

How do I move my Neutron out of the blacklist? I had thought about downloading it again,but does not seem to be Neutron there,only the 2nd and newer version of it

Cheers

Hi, anyone get their system crash when trying to record with 9.5.40 ??? I’m mad…

Hi,

it has been discussed here, and even in the dedicated thread.

Switch to the 32-bit float processing precision to avoid the crash.

So what you’re saying is if you want to use the new midi in the sample track feature, want your media bay to work correctly or need to record without your system crashing you have to turn off the cubase 64 bit audio engine which was one of the big deals of upgrading to 9.5.

Can you understand why people are not happy?

Thanks for this - I’m on mac so I think the only way is to uninstall. Someone on the forum had managed to use Pacifist but as long as I’ve got a workaround I’m ok.

Michael

Of course I can understand it. And I’m also not happy with these bugs.

I also didn’t convince anybody he should be happy with the version. I try to help to find a solution for the user by sharing the knowledge.

Ok no worries bud
David

Fair enough Martin, apologies for being grumpy.

My apologies for the long quote below (originally posted by “gessler”) but his post describes EXACTLY what happens on my system. Exactly. However, I am on Windows 7 x64. Just wanted to put that out there . . . .

“Running High Sierra and 9.5.40. Like my pal Jono, I get an instant crash to the desktop if I press record on an audio track. What I’ve been able to suss out about it:

–If I add a stereo audio track, assign a mono input to it, arm the track, and hit record in the transport, BAM! instant crash to the desktop. (Note: If I made that mistake in the past, I would just end up with a “one-sided” stereo recording.) However, if I add a stereo track and assign a stereo source and attempt to record to it, everything is fine.

–The crash happens ONLY when I have added a “mismatched” (i.e., stereo output / mono input) track to the project first and THEN I try to record to it. If instead I add a “properly matched” audio track first, then add a “mismatched” track subsequent to that, recording to the either track will not cause a crash.

–Lastly, if I have successfully recorded to a mismatched track (as described in bullet 2), then this behavior goes away completely for the rest of the current session. I can create a new song and record to whatever audio tracks I choose (“mismatched” or “matched”) in whatever order without a crash. However, if I restart Cubase, the behavior returns (until I am able to successfully record to a mismatched track as noted in this bullet).”

Channel Strip presets menu opens from the Mixconsole but presets can’t be loaded. They show perfectly, you can double-click to load them but the Channel Strip doesn’t change… All other presets are working :dizzy_face:

Hi,

This is an known issue of Cubase 9.5.40, already discussed here on the forum.

Really great how much SB is caring about the customers.
You can see it in this thread…

Waiting patiently for 9.5.41.

OK, time’s up. Where is it? :laughing:

it’s here around the corner :laughing:

Save the project before you record.
May be able to solve the problem.

… today also crash-on-record happened! Back to 9.5.30 for the moment.

It worked initially…