Cubase 9.5 - Antares Autotune 8 - Not processing Audio clips

Sorry for double post. Also posted in General Forum.

I may be missing something here, but clips selected for tuning with AT8 do not appear to be processing.

When I select a clip for tuning, either with Direct Offline Processing or by Processing Plug-In, the selected clips remain the same. i.e., the tuning does not appear to be applied to the clip.

Anyone else had this issue?

I received a follow-up from Antares, the text of which is below.

Thank you,
Tommy Swindle
Studio299 Recording

Confirmed with Antares support. Below is a copy of their response to my email from earlier today.

Antares Technologies LLC via freshdesk.com
1:58 PM (59 minutes ago)

Hello,

Yes, I just noticed this behavior as well. There seems to be some issue with Auto-Tune 8 and Direct Offline processing that I was not previously aware of, apologies. We’ve notified our developers and are looking into resolving this issue.

From my observations, when processing an audio clip with Auto-Tune 8.1.8 in “Direct Offline Processing” mode, whatever changes you make seem to only persist while the Direct Offline Processing window is open and you’re auditioning your clip within it. But once the window is closed and you start playback from the main sequence view, the changes are not audible.

As a workaround for now, I’d recommend simply adding Auto-Tune as an insert to an audio track and processing your audio that way. And then if you want to commit to your Auto-Tune settings and “render” the result in a more permanent way, solo and bounce the processed audio region, and then import the bounced audio back into your project and place it on a duplicate track. You can then mute the original track with the Auto-Tune insert and bypass the plug-in to cut down on your CPU load, thus emulating the effective result of direct offline processing.

Thank you,
support@antarestech.com
Antares Audio Technologies

Any news on this one ?
I still seem to have the same issue with Cubase 9.5.30 and Autotune 8.1.6.

I know there is a slightly newer version of Autotune (8.1.8), but that is not working because of issue Process Plugin and Autotune 8.1 really really slow - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

Regards,
Maarten

I just noticed that the new Autotune pro still has this same problem in combination with Cubase 9.5 :frowning:

Confirmed by Antares support:

Thank you for contacting Antares! Unfortunately we have not been able to address this issue in the most recent version of Auto-Tune Pro. Please use the same workaround as was posted in the forum you included in your email.

Thank you,
Carter
support@antarestech.com >

Seems like an unacceptable workflow though …

Regards,
Maarten

Hi Maarten,

This issue requires a fix both on our part and on Steinberg’s. I’m happy to report that we expect it to be addressed by a combination of our next Auto-Tune Pro update and Cubase 10.5, both of which are currently in beta.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,
Matt

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 7:19 PM , Antares Technologies LLC <> support@antarestech.com> > wrote:
Thank you for contacting Antares! Unfortunately we have not been able to address this issue in the most recent version of Auto-Tune Pro. Please use the same workaround as was posted in the forum you included in your email.

Thank you,
Carter
support@antarestech.com

Nice of them to require not one, but TWO paid updates to make their product function as advertised! :laughing: Has anyone had a chance to test this yet? I wrote to Antares support last week but haven’t heard back yet.

Hi guys! (Sorry for my bad English, I’m still Learning it)
I’m struggling right now with this issue, and I found a semi-solution: once you’ve processed your audio, re-analyze the audio in the Autotune insert (graph mode). This will make your changes audible again.

Pro: I think it’s the faster solution for now
Con: You will lost all tune changes made on Autotune (graph mode) for that part of audio which you’ve re-analyzed

Hi, writing here in 2022.
Was this issue resolved in a proper way by Antares or Steinberg??

I’m having this issue with Antares AutoTune Pro 9 and Cubase 11

Thank you!