Date/Time: 2020-04-08 05:48:02.781 +0300
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.4 (19E266)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 4.4 (17P4263)
Anonymous UUID: 700DB686-0493-F2EE-9E63-5229F4772F2A

Time Awake Since Boot: 10000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00007ffedf9a1bc0
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [4401]

VM Regions Near 0x7ffedf9a1bc0:
MALLOC_MEDIUM (reserve 00007fd717800000-00007fd718000000 [ 8192K] rw-/rwx SM=NUL reserved VM address space (unallocated)
→ STACK GUARD 00007ffedf9a1000-00007ffedf9a2000 [ 4K] —/rwx SM=NUL stack guard for thread 0
Stack 00007ffedf9a2000-00007ffee31a1000 [ 56.0M] rw-/rwx SM=COW thread 0

Application Specific Information:
Performing @selector(select:) from sender SMTGCocoa1549070524_MenuItem 0x600000140ee0

Hi and welcome,

Attach the source *.crash file, please. We can’t see, where did it crash from these information.

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Hey and thanks for your time :slight_smile:
I’m almost sure that’s it, correct me if I’m wrong
Cubase 9.5_2020-04-08-054804_h-MacBook-Pro-sl-Oshry.crash (194 KB)

Hi,

The crash file looks exactly the same, as here this one.

So my options is
*To downgrade my mac os from catalina to mojave
*To wait for new software update from apple

Am i right? or i missing something?

Hey buddy,

I have just been through the exact same frustrating thing. It is indeed incompatibility with Catalina.

I wish i had seen this sooner: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360010273659-macOS-Catalina-product-compatibility?_sp=c600a4fc-2df3-45c6-9148-cf027e7cc32e.1586496568816 <----click software on this page. 9.5 definitely not compatible with Catalina

This article states that 10 is compatible with Catalina, but I am having the exact same issues with both 9 an 10 on Catalina.

I’ve downgraded to High Sierra for now. To be honest, I like it better, anyway. It doesn’t have that annoying access control first introduced in Mojave and tightened further in Catalina that adds unnecessary complexity to some basic things like installing things I want to install.

Anyway, you will need to do a clean install to downgrade. Here’s the download link for Mojave. How to download and install macOS – Apple Support (AU)
Once it’s downloaded, put it on a USB and kick off a time machine backup. Then, boot into recovery and wipe your hard drive. (don’t forget to go to the view(?) menu and make sure all drives and devices are visible) select the top layer drive and erase.
Now reboot into the boot selector holding Option. Select the USB you’ve copied Mojave onto and away you go. Once it’s installed create a throw away user account, then go through the drudgery of Migration Assistant to bring back the original user account and all of your apps.

Hope this is helpful!

Hello and thanks for this review.
Your post made me understand the problem
I chose to wait with it in the meantime maybe in the next update Apple will fix it
At least I hope so

Thank you very much Martin & rnodern
Hopefully I can give back support in the future

Hey mate,

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Speaking to the l3 Apple support guy on the phone, he seems to think it has something to Catalina now being entirely 64bit. I would expect that in order for it to work, it would be Cubase 9.5 needing to be updated to work with Catalina.
Last update (9.5.50) was on Feb 27 2019. I might be wrong but, I just don’t see them updating 9.5 Pro for Catalina.

I really hope they will do something soon,
In the meantime I success to work like this without too many crashes
I just open projects from clicking them and not from the Cubase menu
If there will be more crashes I will do a downgrade
Thank you so much for the information now I know what to do I couldn’t figure it out on my own thanks!!! :blush: :pray:

Hi,

Cubase 9.5 is not in development for more then 1 year. I wouldn’t expect any update for Cubase 9.5 anymore.

Hi good day I am having a trouble to install my steinberg application and its not going to finish the installation and its just sudden disappear the pop op window box
Untitled.jpg
after that just dissapper and nothing happen

Hi and welcome,

First, it doesn’t fit to this thread at all. Please make a new one.

Second, the screen is too small, so we don’t see, what’s written there.

Third, add more informations, please. What software do you install. From where do you install (is it a Full Installer)? Do you install as administrator?

Hello again
So i did downgrade from Catalina to Mojave,
And till now Cubase work fine,
But now my I9 processor getting bit warm :smiley:
Thanks a lot “rnodern” , Martin and Steinberg forum for help me solve this

Sorry still crashing :cry:
I wish its gonna work fine somewhen
Oshry2.crash (153 KB)
Oshry.crash (157 KB)

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t see anything really specific. I can only see it crashes in the GUI area.

What is GUI area?

Hi,

That means in the graphics of Cubase.

Hello again,
Can someone help me to figure out this crash please?
Cubase 9.5_2020-06-26-163248_h-MacBook-Pro-sl-Oshry.crash (145 KB)

Hi,

As I can see, the problem was to set the focus frame of the window. If this crash is reproducible, could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?