After working for about two years, my Cubase has stopped working. There seems to be an issue with the elicenser. This happened after an windows update on the 17 of July, so I am not sure if this has anything to do with it.
I get the error messages such as:
- “Application ‘LCC2’ has caused the following error. An unknown interapplication communication error occured. In case the problem persists, please close all applications and restart your computer.”
- Soft elicenser doesn’t have enough permissions to run properly. Please run LCC to fix this problem. --> I thought I did not even use the soft elicenser when I open Cubase 9,5, only the USB dongle?
I have been back and forth with support trying all kinds of things:
- Uninnstalling elicenser,
- Running elicenser as administrator --> Doing maintenance test.
- Running cubase as administrator
- Bought a new dongle and transferred my license there.
- I also tried DEP but i was unable to turn off DEP for the elicenser (“Data Execution Prevention This program must run with DEP enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program”)
I am running on Win 10 64 bit.
I sent Steinberg my system file and they claim that my USB ports are not compatible with Win 10. I find this strage becauase I have used Win 10 since 2015 and Cubase for two years with these ports. Seems to me they just want an easy way out and that they are not able to solve the problem. But perhaps also there could be an issue with the USB port that makes the elicenser and Cubase unable to communicate due to the latest win update?
Anybody who can help?