Cubase 9.5 forgets Presonus Faderport on project close

Hi,

just installed a Presonus Faderport controller. Everytime I close my project, Cubase 9.5 forgets the controller and I have to add the controller again when I re-open the project. Is this a known issue. Does anybody have a clue what I could do.

I use Cubase 9.5 on Windows 7 SP1 x64

Regards
Andreas

same here on Mac OS sierra… very borring and very weird… I tried several things with no success

I was able to make it work on Windows. Presonus support pages are a mess. I did not have native support for faderport after running the installer. I noticed the installer puts faderport.dll in c:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 9\Components. This is the wrong place, especially for Cubase 9.5. Correct would be c:\Program Files\Steinberg\Shared Components. After moving it there, I had native support with the problem mentioned in the headline.

In Presonus knowledge base you can find another elder faderport.dll at the very bottom of

which is dated somewhere 2009.

I moved this dll to the shared components folder and voila it works.

So seems the newer presonus dll has a problem. With the old dll here on Windows everything is fine. Demetia resolved!

Andreas

Thanks Andreas, I just bought a used fadeport, and you helped me to get it always start up with Cubase. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this fix! Worked on both issues like a charm. However, it should be noted that, at least for Cubase 9.5.1, I actually had to reverse the steps in the first paragraph. That it to say, I found that the Presonus installer added the faderport_cubase.dll file to the Shared Components folder by default and it needed to be moved to the Components folder.

Unfortunately, you still need to ditch that DLL and use the older FaderPort.dll file as suggested above otherwise you will have the persistence issues described in the OP.

Same here. Also macOS Sierra 10.12.6 :confused:

hmmm, a very temporary fix is to create several FaderPort remotes.
Cubase will remove 1 overtime it opens up. I’ll start with the first selected, so the one without a number, after that it’ll remove the one with the highest number. So if you create 10, and put you input output on FaderPort2, then you have 10 times to open and close Cubase before you have to add the remote plugin again.