Cubase 9.5 Pro (still) crashes often on close

Cubase 9.5 still often when exiting … about 60% of the time. It even seems slightly worse than with Cubase 9.

Cubase 9.5 PRO
Windows 10 64 bit
16 GB RAM
Intel I7-4770K @ 3.5GHz
Mostly Waves, PSP, Kontakt and Battery plugins

I have the same issue with both Pro and Elements running on different machines. On exit I get “Cubase 9 has stopped working”.

Hi
Do you have a video in your session ? If yes deactive the thumbnails on the video track
the crashes will stop! It worked for me

No, I don’t have video, my projects are pretty straightforward, I think, in terms of what’s in there

I had this problem and found maximising the background before shutting down (so that the screen is black rather than a white bar along the top) 100% cured it. You only have to do it once as Cubase remembers your choice.

Grum.

Thank you guys for the reports. It would be very useful if you specified what graphics card and driver version number are installed on the DAW.

Same problem here. NVIDIA Quadro K2000 driver Version 22.21.13.8601.

NVIDEA GeForce GTX 770
Intel i7-4770K (x8) @ 3.50GHz

I am becoming pretty sure it’s got something to do with with the hub app. If I close it straight away, and open tracks instead via the file menu, Cubase hardly ever crashes on close.

AMD Radeon RX480.

Only happens (so far) working with video. Video thumbnails are off.

In addition Kontakt remains onscreen and cannot be closed. Even with Task Manager.

So I have to reboot.

I’ve started closing the Kontakt window (using F11) and then closing Cubase and so far this seems to work.

Another full day and no glitches on closing after hiding Kontakt first with F11.