CUBASE 9.5 PRO WON'T START

Just paid and got the new upgrade from 9 Pro to 9.5 Pro and was very excited.

Downloaded it and installed it all… good, went online and the eLicenser did its thing and updated all my files.
Went ahead and clicked the 9.5 icon to which the usual black Steinberg box opened up confirming the startup, it then shuts down in about 3 seconds. No error message nothing, just won’t start at all.
Clicked on previous 9 PRo and that opens up fine. (thank goodness I would hate to lose all my work)

Win7 64bit
32GB Ram
Tons of HDD & SSD space so don’t understand what’s wrong

I would appreciate someone looking into this for me please.
Thanks in advance.

UPDATE!
Trying many times to start up the program, i am noticing just before it shuts down that it touches the ‘loading gui resources’ then disappears and shuts down. Don’t know if this sheds any light for anyone but the previous version 9.0.30 Pro has no problems whatsoever and still opens and runs perfectly on my system, so something has changed with this new update.

I am actually having this happen to me as well!

Any help would be appreciated on my end too!
Win7 64 bit
32gm Ram
Tons of HDD space available.

I am also having this issue! Anyone have a solution??

ISSUE FOR ME SOLVED:
I ran through some windows updates and boom! installing them worked!

UPDATE 2

never mind, I got it working now by updating windows 7 x64.

can you specify the windows update please cause i have the same problem?

Wow just installed and have this same problem now. Did you update then reinstalled or updated after installation?

Yes I have the same issue

ha33y is it possible to be specific about which Windows update you installed?
This would help a lot, thankyou

Dell Precision m4700
32gb Ram
Win 7 Service Pack 1 with latest rollout updates
I7 extreme processor
2TB SSD
NVidia Quadro K2000M GPU

I am having exactly the same problem… crashes on loading gui interfaces

previous versions work fine (cubase 8.5 and 9.03)

Latest updates for Windows 7 are installed on my Dell Precision m4700. Wondering whether its a clash with the NVidia graphics driver… disabled that driver but Cubase still crashes on startup

Downloaded the update again… uninstalled and then reinstalled including e licenser.

Problem persists

Dell Precision m4700
32gb Ram
Win 7 Service Pack 1 with latest rollout updates
I7 extreme processor
2TB SSD
NVidia Quadro K2000M GPU

I am having exactly the same problem… crashes on loading gui interfaces

previous versions work fine (cubase 8.5 and 9.03)

Latest updates for Windows 7 are installed on my Dell Precision m4700. Wondering whether its a clash with the NVidia graphics driver… disabled that driver but Cubase still crashes on startup

Downloaded the update again… uninstalled and then reinstalled including e licenser.

Problem persists

Please make sure that your Windows 7 is up-to-date. Especially you should take care this update is installed:

Platform Update for Windows 7 / Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64

“The Platform Update for Windows 7 enables improved features and performance on Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. It includes updates to the following components: Direct2D, DirectWrite, Direct3D, Windows Imaging Component (WIC), Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform (WARP), Windows Animation Manager (WAM), XPS Document API , the H.264 Video Decoder and the JPEG XR Codec.”

Yes this worked for me, thanks very much! :slight_smile:

Worked for me as well. Will begin exploring CB9.5

Worked for me… cheers!

Thanks Andre !!!

Cubase 9.5 crashes on start on Windows 7

Problem
Cubase Pro 9.5 crashes right on start on Windows 7 while Cubase 9.0 can still be opened

Cause
Even though error messages may hint at other components for the crash, a Direct2D component is missing.

Solution
For Cubase 9.5 it is mandatory to have an up-to-date Windows 7 installation! Please make sure that all Windows updates have been installed properly, reboot and try again.

Sorry fr the late reply.
I don’t really know which Win update I did but just ran the updater and it found some files that needed updating, which made no difference, but then went to the update page and found that there were some files which were not compulsory updates, but selected those too and ‘hey presto’ it solved my issues.
Hope this helps .

I have installed updates, I have installed the full version of Cubase, I have done everything I could and the problem is still there. It starts to boot and after 2 seconds it closes without error message. I’ve been waiting for a solution of Steinberg for days.

try updating your eLicenser