Cubase 9.5 Which Mac OS?

I purchased Cubase Artist 9.5. Which OS is best for it? El Capitan or Sierra? I will be using a 5,1 Mac Pro.

C9.5 High Sierra here.
Everything runs super smooth.

Thanks.
I don’t know if I should put High Sierra on this Mac Pro. What advantage would there be over El Capitan and Sierra?

Check out this compatibility chart.
https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility.

Yours is still a fair question.
So many variables: matched RAM, updated drivers, a clean install of your chosen OS if other required software is known to install without issues vs. an OS update.

High Sierra running smoothly with C9.5 on a 2012 Mini and 2017 MBP.

Thanks.
I’m having trouble deciding whether to install El Capitan or Sierra. Other that Siri I can’t tell a difference between the two.

I have a 5.1 with El Cap and it runs smooth.

Cubase 9.5 runs perfectly fine here on high sierra, mac pro mid 2012.

You don’t say which Mac you have.

I ran Cubase on El C for ages on the studio Mac Pro because of the reported slow GUI issues pre- C9.5 with Sierra, but found the timeline a bit sticky compared with C9.

I was going to go to High Sierra but this required a Firmware update for my machine which I wasn’t keen to do in case it broke something, so tried Sierra and it’s been a dream with C9.5, very smooth and fast, much better than recent versions of C8/C9 on El C.

For what its worth, YMMV

I have a 4,1 flashed to 5,1.
Very glad to hear Sierra is working well for you. Sounds like it will work well on either El Capitan or Sierra. I guess I’ll flip a coin.

If you have C9.5, I recommend Sierra. It is much smoother than El C.

Cubase 9.5 here, running smoothly on Sierra on an iMac 17.1.

I bought 8.5 then got the free upgrade.
I’ll use Sierra.
Thanks everyone.