Cubase 9 Audio Mixdown Tuning & Tempo Issue

I have exported 2 guitar tunes from C9, both of which are de-tuned from the original and play back at a slower tempo. One tune is in 3/4 at 149bpm. It plays back in a lower key and at around 138bpm. However, when the audio mixdown is imported back into the Audio Pool, it plays back completely fine. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, when I use the pre-count of 2bars, the click tempo is slower than the 149bpm, which suggests that the audio mixdown is reverting to that tempo. BUT, when the track starts recording, the tempo jumps up to 149bpm. This is disconcerting and also illogical. When I alter the tempo in the Transport panel, what is actually happening?

Last issue. The tuning on playback from Halion is out. I am using an Impulse 61 keyboard with Automap, but cannot adjust the tuning via the keyboard for some reason. I have reset the keyboard, but no change.

Any suggestions to any of these issues would greatly help, as I am in full-on writing mode over the Christmas break.

Best

Jem

Sounds like a sample rate mismatch. Maybe you have set Cubase to 48kHz and in your audio interface you have selected 44.1kHz so outside Cubase your system uses that?

Hello Gravehill, many thanks for taking the time to respond. I am using a newly bought Helix, by Line 6, as soundcard for record and playback. The Helix has a default setting of 48khz. I have just looked at the setting for the project and it is 44.1khz. So, I am now going to re-record all of the parts again, this time making sure I set the sample rate for the project at 48khz. Hopefully this will iron-out any issues, but i will let you know.

Best

Jem