Cubase 9 due December 1st

There is usually no fanfare of ‘Coming soon’ advertising from Steinberg about Cubase releases. It usually just appears on the day of release without any marketing. Weird I know but it seems to be the way.

Some recent news was Steinberg expect the video engine to be released around 1st quarter of 2017 (jan /feb) so it would seem very unwise to release C9 without the video engine so my own personal guess would be C9 will be delayed until the video replacement code is ready.

Steinberg have also mentioned that they have no plans at present to use a subscription licence model.

I guess we will find out in a few days’ time.

as was 8 if i remember correctly

Yeah , Both were solid for me, except for the metronome problem on 8 which not a big issue.

Or in a 9.1 / 9.5 release around then.

…updates would roll way faster if there were less versions to release…
combine nuendo/cubase/elements/trial… just sayin’.

I doubt Guitar Center is going to promote free Cubase 9 upgrade for anyone who purchases C8.5 if they expect it to be released in February or even later.

Didn’t they say it was postponed until they fixed 8.5? Oh wait…that was in Narnia…silly me.

It’s happening, guitarcenter was prepping their website last night. My bet is Wednesday…

LoopMash3

Yes, they dont even have Cubase as a product right now on the website, so something is surely happening.

Cubase is very much present (full and update versions) on the Guitar Center and Sweetwater websites in the USA.

Maybe because you are still asleep over there while we in Europe are up and running long ago. :wink:
guitarcenter_cubase.png

god forbid they’ve spent as much as one second on that piece of crap

No, its because guitarcenter doesn’t ship cubase to europe. Change your area to north america and you will see all the cubase there.

Steinberg replied to a thread at vi-control regarding the video engine update eta today. Have a look: Cubase 9 | Page 2 | VI-CONTROL

Time to relax. It’ll get here when it gets here. No amount of postulating will make a difference as to what the actual date is, and that fact is that you won’t know for sure until it happens.

Unless you happen to enjoy postulating, and if so then carry on! :slight_smile:

It’s December the 7th now, at least in my head, that is…

Z

TOMORROW IS THE DAY
SAVE YOU MONEY o.O

That’s interesting a search for Steinberg on their site returns nothing, very omenesque

(not taking this too seriously here though…)

Z