Cubase 9 Elements Update WILL NOT INSTALL

On TOP of all of the other damn problems I’ve had with Cubase lately! Which I HOPED that buying the upgrade to 9 would solve:

FIRST the update from Cubase Elements 6 to Cubase Elements 9 failed during the elicenser installation AND made my elicenser disappear.

So I went to another of my computers that still had elicenser. First the elicenser maintenance FAILED some of its tasks (see attached). So then I entered the authorization code for Cubase 9 directly into the control panel. That seemed to work as far as the elicenser control program was concerned.

Then I returned to the computer I was trying to update and got this message! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

VC redistributable x64 installation failed: error code ‘1618’ early in the installation attempts…

Never mind, I clicked through that error message and it appears that Cubase is now installing…

I hope Cubase 9 clears up the nasty issues I’m having with 6…

STILL NEED AN ANSWER…

I lucked out on two of my computers and got past the ‘install vc redistributable’ HANG UP but…

It happened again on my Studio Computer…and it’s much more intractable…

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how did you get by it???

I had a similar problem when I tried to install the Cubase 9 Elements trial version for the first time. I closed all my programs and restarted Windows. Then, before opening any other programs, I ran the installer again and selected the “Reinstall” option. It installed successfully. I hope this helps someone.

Guys, Same issue happens here, after downloading Cubase9 LE, the install stops twice with error 1618, then apparently goes until abort with a message of “another installation is running, finish with one first” and aborts the process.
Any help on this?
Thank you!
Luismend

Well this has been a successful thread. Anyone have a fix.